Camisado

Tonight my job was in a hospital. Tonight I'm going to be a nurse, and my "patient" is an alcoholic, an abuser and killed his wife in a car accident.

I have always hated hospitals. They were too clean, too sterile. Although I must be careful, especially with that Brendon Urie poking his nose into other people's business. My business.

Tonight I am Kelsie Smith.

"Kelsie! Finally you show up, you're 30 minutes late. Hurry up, we're understaffed so get a move on!"

I nodded and grabbed a patient's files. George Ross. Just who I was looking for. Scanning the file, I found out that he was in ICU for the 2nd time this week. Going to the drug room, I grabbed the appropriate medicines on the chart and an empty syringe, I headed off to where Mr. Ross was situated in a private room.

As I suspected, nobody was visiting, but I wasn't really worried out that. George was indeed awake, but had an oxygen mask covering his face.

"Good evening Mr. Ross, I'm Keltie Smith and will be your nurse for today," I smiled sweetly at him.

Pulling the curtain over, I made sure to measure his blood pressure (which was low) and other nursey stuff until the coast was clear I grabbed the empty syringe and the IV drip.

"Sit back and relax, Mr. Ross. It will all be over soon."

Turning away from him, I started pulling the lever of the syringe so it was full of air, twisted it onto the IV line and pushed the air in, quickly removing it and inserting the IV drip and promptly leaving. I returned Mr. Ross's file to the top desk and left the hospital.

I could hear the shouts of the other nurses and some doctors as they discovered him. Need I not worry; the air pushed into his veins merely caused what seemed to be a heart attack, as the flow of air would of made the heart go into cardiac arrest.

Making my way into my apartment, I pulled out my phone from inside my desk.

One new message from Unknown
Hey, rebecca right? Its brendon from the coffee shop. Want to meet up tomorrow? Drinks on me.

379 words
Published 27th January 2019