✐ seventeen (fb)

⎾ flashback to 8th grade ⏌

flashback to 8th grade

There was fierce knocking at the door.

Which interrupted the movie she was watching.

She looked at the time, realizing it was 5 in the afternoon and her parents wouldn't be home now.

"Trey! Answer the door!"

There was no response except his snoring that she could hear all the way from her room.

The knocking continued, but got quicker.

"Damn! I'm coming!" She figured it was the mailman, but he usually would stop after the third knock.

"Who is i-", her finger rested on the lock. Her body slowly shook when she was eye to eye with Jungkook.

He looked upset. His eyes were fairly red and she wouldn't have noticed if he didn't turn his head, but he had a bruise on his eye.

"A-Are you okay??"

"Yeah. Where's your brother?"

"Trey's sleeping right now. B-but you can come in", she slid the screen door and let the young boy in. Shutting the door behind her, she watched Jungkook take a seat on the couch.

"Your eye...what ha-"

"I don't wanna talk about it. Is it cool if I stay here for a while? I don't care if Trey sleeping, I jus-"

"Yeah. Of course." Zaheeda walked to the kitchen and came back with an IcyHot spray. "Jungkook?"

He looked up from his phone. His eyes shifted to the spray in her hand and he shook his head. "I don't need that."

"You do."

"I don't."

She crossed her arms, "Seriously, you do. It won't hurt if you're so scared."

"I'm not scared."

"So", she grabbed a napkin and sat beside him on the couch. "You have such fragile skin", she shook the spray can.

He chuckled deeply, "It hurts worse than it looks."

"Geez", she winced and told him to close his eyes as she sprayed. She dapped the napkin on the wet spots. Every time he tried not to wince, she giggled because he tried to act so strong in front of her.