On My Mind

Thoughts of Janae danced around my mind like the beautiful musical notes that she had sung the day before. I decided to call my brother to see if I could pry information about his friend out of him. He always had been open about his friends, so I felt like it shouldn't be difficult. I walked around my room slowly getting dressed and called him. It rang for a while, but on the last ring, he finally picked up. "Damn, you took forever to answer your fucking phone." I teased.

   "You better not be drunk." He snapped. "What are you looking for?" He asked.

   "Well, that's rude. No, I am not. Who are you talking to?" I questioned.

   "Not you." He answered me and started laughing. "It's right there."

   "Bobby, would you like me to call you back?" I got slightly annoyed.

   "No, what do you need Roman?" He focused.

   "I wanted to hang out."

   "We spent all of yesterday together. What do you want?" He chuckled again. "There you go. Your left shoe is in the hall and your right is by the front door. Your leggings are on the right side of my bed I think maybe under the bed." He laughed hysterically.

   "Oh, you had someone come over for morning sex. You scoundrel." My curiosity was piqued.

   "Little brother I am too old for booty calls." He laughed and I heard something hit him. "Aye don't throw shit at me. You are way more than a booty call. You're my favorite booty call! Put the pillow down! Hold on, Roman." He put me on hold and I assume muted himself because I couldn't hear anything. I looked at my watch and saw it was a little after 11. I could go for breakfast. Maybe he was down to cook or go out. Zariah was getting over being sick and I didn't want to go over there, I didn't want to go to my parents if my mom is not there, Angelo is out of town visiting a friend, and Bella is studying for a test. "All right, why don't you go bother any other member for the fantastic five?" Bobby came back.

   "Angelo is gone and Bella is studying for a test. You down for breakfast."

   "Yeah sounds good."

   "I'll drive, we can go to-."

   "Hold on Roman. Call me when you get out of church yes? You're spending the night tonight and I am not arguing. You can leave from here in the morning." I heard him kiss someone and mumble fuck under his breath. "I'm going to go shower. Let yourself in when you get here." He hung up and I left to go get him. As a drove and wondered who he had at his place. It had to be this girlfriend of his. He sounded happy, so that's all I could ask for. I parked in his guest parking and went into the lobby. I walked into his building a passed a girl in shorts and a sports bra. She stopped and looked at me. "Hey, do you live here?" She asked.

   "No, but if I knew a woman as beautiful as you lived here I'd move in yesterday. What's your name beautiful?" I asked.

   "I'm Bonnie from the third floor and you are?" She smiled.

   "I'm Roman, visiting a friend who lives here. I would like to get to know you, Bonnie. We could work out together sometime." I gave her a once-over.

    "Yeah, how about you come back by here late on and we get to know each other? Here, put your number in my phone." She handed me her phone and I put my number in it. "I'll see you later tonight." She winked and walked away. I got on the elevator and did the ride I had done a million times to his floor. I played with my keys. The black key went to my parent's house, the silver my hideaway, the gold Gianni, pink Bella's, red Angelo and mine, Bobby's green, and my main car key. The bell chimed and I walked to the end of the hall. I let myself in and flopped on his couch. "Hey, do you know about Bonnie on the third floor?" I called out to him.