Chapter Two

|| Liliana Magnusson ||

The sky was now getting dark since it's half past eight in Beijing China. Liliana just got done with her last design for the winter collection, for the jewelry fashion show that will be happening in the next coming month, just right before Christmas. It was a design of a white jade ring and in the middle of the nicely carved ring stone was a silver snowflake with six mini blue snowflakes on every other end of the silver snowflake. She also design a pair of earrings to go with it, a simple silver snowflake with six mini snowflakes on every other end, the same exact design as the necklace but without the white jade stone ring. It was the last design she decided to enter for her father, Albin Magnusson's Winter Jewelry Collection Runway. All her design was inspired by her grandma who told her many stories of her mother who past away giving birth to her. She loves her grandma very much, and is very proud to be half Chinese and half Swedish. Her dad is Swedish, and her mother is Chinese. She looks more like her mother than her father, at least that's what she thinks since she has been told that ever since she was very little. Growing up she was as happy as any other kid even though she lost her mother, her grandmother never failed to teach her, her mother's culture and how she should be proud to be different from others. By the time she turned eighteen she fell in love with designing. She started her own jewelry designing collection with her father since he was also one of the best jewelry designer. Before she knew it her family jewelry business reach the top best jewelry designs in Asia and ever since then it continues to grow and expand. Not before long her father remarried to a Swedish woman who had a daughter called Natalia. Her step-mother never really liked her and her step-sister was always jealous or wanted everything from her. Her step-sister was a clothing designer while her stepmother was a stay home mom. Liliana never really got along with either of them, it was best to just ignored them as they would talk badly of her. Her phone buzz loudly as she poured herself another cup of pineapple orange guava tea. She set down her cup and pulled her phone out of her back pocket. " Yes Pa," she said while picking up her cup of tea and sipping it, waiting for his response on the other line. " I need you to fly back to Sweden, the first thing tomorrow morning," her father voice sounded energetic and very awake. It was probably half past two in the morning over there, why was he awake at this time of the day. She set her cup of tea down as she swallowed the tea in her mouth that was now burning her throat. " Why tomorrow? Did something happen?" She went to grab a cup of water to clear her burning throat. " I need you to bring me the necklace that you made for Melissa Papaspyrou, I have some business with that necklace and I need you to be here" The impossible necklace, that was what she named it. What Melissa requested was very hard to design she wanted something that was very confusing and very expensive. The reason why she was here in Beijing was to visit her grandma and to make the necklace since most of the materials was here in China. The making of the necklace was done last week after a month of figuring out what to use to make it." Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can pa " She ended the call as soon as her father wishes her a safe trip back. She took out the impossible necklace it was a Chinese inspired necklace, with two golden dragons spiraled up in an S shape inside the dragon was over twenty-five different carvings to zigzags and swirls to any crazy detail design, on the ends of their tail was eight hundred super small mini size rare clear diamond stones and with a red diamond gem hanging on the end with the words love carved into it in Chinese, it was not carved on top of the red gem it was carved inside of the red gem and they filled the letters with gold liquid and put the gem back together. On the dragon's head was three hundred super small size red diamonds, the eyes of the dragon was clear bright nicely polished clear diamonds. Both of the dragons was designed the same way, but one dragon was facing right as the other face left, and the tail intertwines together and dangling from it is the red gem. The string that was used for the necklace was a gold string that was in this crazy five strand braid. Overall it looks extremely amazing and perfect. She opened her laptop and booked a plane ticket for the next hour meaning she has less than an hour to pack up her things and to get to the airport. She left a note in her room explaining to her grandma for the sudden leave, she grabbed her work bag and grabbed a few outfits with her, and left the rest since she always visits her grandma it was best to leave some outfits behind so she doesn't always have to pack so much. It was a good thing her grandma's house was not far from the airport, she took a cab and made it on time for the plane. Leaving early was the best option for her since the flight ride would be around ten hours, since its a non-stop ride. By the time she reached Sweden, it should be around half past two at the latest over there. As for now, she'll try to catch as much sleep as she can.