02

Selene

The ship had set sail only minutes ago. I admire the blues and purples from the galaxy, along with the enormous creatures flying past us.

As I look around, I see Jim doing the same while holding onto the shrouds from the side of the ship.

"Excuse me." I excuse myself from Amelia before I slowly make my way over to Jim. I look up at him, "it's pretty fascinating, huh?" I smile.

He turns his head back and looks down at me. Jim nods quickly. "Nothing like I've ever seen." He then waves me over and I begin to climb.

"Wow, I haven't done this in forever." I say more to myself than to Jim. He furrowed his brows. "Since you're Satchel's daughter, I'd figure you'd done this thousands of times."

"Oh, sure." I nod slowly. "But I took some time off after he died."

"What made you come back?" He asked me. I shrug, "Eh, long story. I don't want to bore you with the details."

He shakes his head, "I got time."

"Jimbo!"

Jim and I both turn around to see Silver with his hands behind his back. "I got two new friends I'd like you to meet." Seconds later, he tosses Jim a mop and a bucket. "Say hello to Mr. Mop, and Mrs. Bucket."

Jim frowns, "Yippee."

I chuckle, "I guess you don't have the time." I hop off of the shroud. "I'll see you around, Jimbo."

As I walk passed Silver, I playfully nudged him with a smirk. "You're bad."

>>>

Later that day, I decided to take a nap. But it didn't last very long because Morph woke me up in a panic.

I sat up in the bed, quite a bit groggy. I rubbed my eyes as I watched Morph shapeshift into quite a few characters.

"Morph, slow down. What's going on?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes and sped out of my room. I took that as to follow him.

I ran out on the deck and saw many of the crew members circle around one of the nastiest members - Scroop.

When I saw who he had in his claws against a pillar, I widened my eyes. I ran over to them and pushed everyone out of the way.

"Scroop, I demand you to release the boy!" I pointed, ignoring all the death glares that were sent at me.

"Well, if it isn't daddy's little girl." He taunted. "I take it you befriended the little termite?"

"Let him go. Now." I crossed my arms. "Or I will have you thrown off of this ship along with the rest of your crew."

"I don't take orders from you."

"Oh, but you do." I took a step forward. "You're on my territory. Release him!"

From behind me, I heard footsteps. There was a presence that stood over me. "I suggest you listen to Miss Satchel, Mister Scroop." Mister Arrow said.

In a second, Jim plopped down to the floor with a thud.

"You know the rules. There'll be no brawling on this ship." Mister Arrow started. Meanwhile,
I offered my hand to Jim to help him up. "Miss Satchel is not only in charge of you, but she is in charge of me and also the Captain. You will show her respect."

Mister Arrow kneeled into Scroops face. "Whatever she says, goes. Am I clear, Mister Scroop?"

He growled, "Transparently."

The others then walked off leaving us three. "Thank you, Mister Arrow."

"Anymore trouble, please, let me know."

I nodded as he walked away too.

"Thanks for the help." Jim said. "Miss Satchel."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "If you ever call me that again, I'll throw you off the ship."

He put his hands up in surrender, walking back with a slight smirk. "Yes, ma'am."

I watched him dunk the mop into the bucket. "Do you need any help?"

Jim cocked a brow at me. "Do you know how bad it will look if I had you doing these chores?"

"I'm not a princess. I can do some crap around here too, y'know."

He just smiled at me for a moment before shaking his head. "I could use some company?"

I sighed before jumping onto a barrel. "I'd be happy to help."