Walls 1

A girl, in her white blouse and a blue jumper along with a black skirt above the length of her knees, was walking down the hill from her house. When she arrived in front of a large, modern house, she pushed on the bell button and the gates were instantly opened.

The door opened to a middle-aged woman who actually looked younger than her age. Good morning, Ji Hyun! Daehwi just got up and is now showering.

Noh Ji Hyun replied to the womans greet with a smile on her face. I was wondering why he wasnt coming. Its out of the norm that hes late today, she thought out loud. Every morning before going to school, Lee Daehwi, her friend, usually waited in front of her house before walking to the bus stop that brought them to school every single day.

You should come in first and have breakfast with us, the woman, Daehwis mother offered.

She took of her shoes and followed Daehwis mother to the dining table. She was welcomed with the smell freshly cooked egg rolls and seaweed soup. It looks good, she exclaimed and took a seat comfortably.

She used to come Daehwis house a lot after school but hasnt visited much lately because school has been quite busy with coursework and assessments.

After taking a spoonful of rice, Daehwis mother called his soon, Daehwi, you better be quick or else Ji Hyuns going to be late too because of you. Im sure you dont want to miss the bus.

Soon after, heavy footsteps were heard from the stairs. Daehwi came to the table with his hair a mess and with only one sock on. He put on his other sock on and was about to take a seat but he sighed heavily. I forgot my books! he exasperated. Daehwi actually did brought his school bag down but it was empty when he checked its contents and with that, he ran back upstairs.

Both Ji Hyun and Daehwis mother had a good laugh. How is he going to find a girl with this kind of attitude early in the morning? his mother teased.

Ji Hyun nodded in agreement and added up to his mothers judgement, I know, right. Not to mention his messy hair.

Hey! I heard all of that, Daehwi was heard yelling from upstairs. A few minutes later, he was finally back downstairs with a comb in his hand.

He took a seat at the dining table and while fixing his hair said, You guys are cruel. This is my first time in life panicking in the morning, alright? Also, my things were unorganized because after playing football last night, I was doing my homework but fell asleep right after I was done, he declared. He was slightly pouting in irritation but tried to hide it because he knew they would tease him even more if he showed.

Yes, yes okay. We were just joking, said Daehwis mother.

Ji Hyun giggled. We shouldnt have teased him early in the morning, he gets scary when hes pissed or upset.

Daehwi had his eyes wide open in anger and while making a fist, wondered out loud, What would be a good revenge today?

Deehwis mother pretended to be shocked. Since he was an only child, he has pretty much been treated like a child by his mother. Oh no, I think we should stop. We know its not your best morning so I guess adding up the fuel is dangerous, she said, not even trying to stop herself from playing around with Daehwi.

Ji Hyun patted Daehwis back. Cheer up, my friend.

---

Since he was a mess early in the morning, his whole day seemed to fall apart as well.

In English class, he was summoned by the teacher to write answers for a particular question in which he answered perfectly, which was nothing eccentric for him but on thing did went wrong. Turned out his pants were inside out so the tag could be seen and that made the class turn into a whole laughing fit.

With a flushed red face, he quietly went to the toilet to fix his pants. He was very humiliated that he stayed in the toilet longer until the bell rang for next class.

Luckily, he didnt have anyone from English class in his Art class so he was a bit relieved. However, but the time he entered the studio, whispers and soft giggles were heard. He had the idea that they were talking about it and it was confirmed when his seatmate asked him, Did you really had your pants inside out in English class?

Daehwi decided to stay silent and wished that the class ended soon.

At break, he felt better when he finally saw Ji Hyun. He had a sad face on and before he was even able to rant about his day to Ji Hyun, she already knew. Its alright, itll all pass by soon, she said.

Daehwi shook his head in disagreement while the grieve on his face remained.

By the way, how did word pass on that fast? Ji Hyun wondered out loud. Well, youre actually quite known as a great student, so I guess thats possible. It mustve been harder for you to handle this then since you have a great image on you. Sorry for not being there while it happened.

Daehwi shook his head. Its all right. Its all going to pass by like wind, right?

Ji Hyun took a deep breath before convincing Daehwi to go to class after break and as expected, people were still talking about the incident while they walked to Math class together. In the corridor, Ji Hyun couldnt hold herself in so she spoke out to defend her friend. Have you all never made a mistake in your life? I doubt you never did. So shut up and mind yourselves!

After school, they went around the neighborhood because Ji Hyun wanted to cheer him up and even offered him a drink. By the time they reached Daehwis house, the day was almost dark.

Ill go first, Ji Hyun excused herself.

Okay. See you tomorrow.

However, before she left, she said to Daehwi while a big smile on her face, Remember, you matter.

Right then, I knew I had fallen for her, thought Daehwi.

-----------
Author's note:
A new book with the new year.!

I'm so sad that it's wanna one's last day but this too, is a long overdue book which i should definitely have published sooner.

I wish the very best for everyone and Wannables :D