Q U I N C E

Ruby looked up, and panicked. The dark figure swiftly moved through the crowd. The hooded boy stopped a ways away from where they were dancing. His arm slowly lifted the gun, in which he aimed at the group.

   Ruby turned Olivia, so he faced Monse and Cesar, who had his back to the door, where the figure walked in from. The shot echoed throughout the room.

"Cesar!"

   It all happened so quickly.

   In one moment they were dancing. Another, Ruby and Cesar pulled Monse and Olivia away. The next, they were all on the ground.

   Latrelle smirked, and ran out. Mostly eeryone in the room ran out, unharmed. Abuelita, Ruby's parents, Jamal, and a few close others ran to the kids on the ground.

   Ruby got to his knees, and tugged on Cesars shirt, to get his attention.

"No, no, no, no, no, Olivia!" Ruby held Olivias hand. His parents called 9-1-1. The bullet went straight through her chest. She was slightly conscious, and could only whisper a few words. 

"R-R-Ruby--" She grabbed his hand with all her energy she had left. And then she blacked out, still with a faint breath sound and faint heartbeats here and there.

Cesar stood up, and instantly felt worried, angry, devastated. 

The bullet had went through Olivia and right through Monse. Monse got shot. He couldnt even picture this outcome. She was spread out on the floor, with a wound in her chest. Blood was gushing and Cesar couldn,t help but feel guilty for the mess his love was in.

 Her breathing slowed as Cesar approached her. He laid his head on hers, tears streaming down his face. She wasnt conscious and prayed that the ambulance would hurry up.

"Mons-Monse. Monse stay with me-" His voice wasa shaky and he was scared. Things were just starting to be right. Him and MOnse have been friends forever, and just recently have started to be more than just friends. He loved her. He did. He would do anything to change this outcome, if only it was him thatv got shot, not her.

 A couple of minutes ago they were kissing, holding eachother close, but now things were about to change forever, and Cesar couldn't imagine going through the rest of highschool without Monse.