Happy new year

31 December , 2012
New year's eve party at Jamunadas Tiwari MahaVidhalaya ,Banaras...

Main hall of JTMV was full of crowd,most of them were students and their dates. Some professors were there too but they knew after feast they should let enjoy the young generation of their college..It was another typical new year's eve party of any college of India..
No non-vegetarian items,no alcohol but still the enthusiasm of crowd was amazing. After all,this was the night when the lovebirds could spend the night in each other's arms..
The hall was decorated with colourful balloons and many other things..Dj was playing soft music.
Finally Dean came to give his speech and after that professors along with the dean went to their houses.
Now it was only youth of college, DJ started to play modern music and everyone started dance with their dates..

In a corner there were 3 people sitting on chairs.Raj,Amish with his date Riya.
Riya looked excited for the Dance .
Amish's focus was on Raj.Amish was looking at Raj with irritation and Raj was looking at the Dance floor..

" I can't understand buddy, why didn't you accept Sudhha's offer to be her date? I mean look at her, she's looking so gorgeous." Amish was clearly angry at his friend.

"Like you don't know why." Raj was still watching the girl in red dress who was dancing with Virat.His eyes never went off of the girl .

"Then why didn't you ask her, you Idiot!" Amish looked at Riya who was looking at him too. He could have see that Riya wanted to go to dance floor ASAP.

"Btw I'm not gonna waste my another minute with you Mr. Devdas. Come on Riya,let's dance.Let him cry,this bloody Idiot." He took Riya's hand and they headed towards dance floor.
Raj took a sip of his softdrink and he looked again at the girl, Toshiba,the girl from his class.She was looking so adorable in that red dress wih her short hair and the Jhumkas( earrings) were looking perfect on her.
Actually,Raj had crush on her since the first day he saw her...Her brown eyes, her shinny brown eyes..Raj used to crack jokes whenever Toshiba was around.. She used to laugh at his jokes too..To be honest,Raj could do anything just to see her smile.Raj was a popular guy in his college,because of his sense of humour  he always had been in demand in college canteen but despite having many so-called friends,he always felt a loneliness.
The day he saw Toshiba,he knew what he was missing till then.

Raj took another sip of his drink.Now Dj was playing some romantic 90's melodies and couples came more closer to each other.Raj didn't want to see Toshiba with Virat so closer,that's why he stopped looking at dance floor.
After 2-3 minutes.. Someone had taken a please bedside him.
" Can I ask you something,Raj ?" A sweet voice that came to Raj's ears and went straight to his heart like honey.. It was Toshiba's voice..

Raj was shocked and happy at the same time..He tried to hide his expressions,"Hi Toshiba, how are you?"

" I said,can I ask you something?" There was something in her eyes he couldn't read.

Raj was lost in capturing her image in his mind for forever.
" Hello ! Can you hear me ?" Toshiba was smiling..but why ?

"What ? Ohh , yes I mean sure, go on "Raj tried to act normal but it wasn't happening. God knew What was it, her charm or his feelings for her or both..

"What is a handsome and popular boy like you doing here in corner ? Where is your date dude?" He knew Toshiba was teasing him.
Raj-"Well,I didn't get any date,actually I didn't ask anyone."
Toshiba-" Because you wanted me as a date,you idiot! I was waiting for you to ask me to be your date. Thanks to Amish that he told me how big pussy you are."

Raj looked at Amish who was dancing with Riya without knowing what is going on here..
"So,are you coming with me on dance floor or should I join Virat again ?" Toshiba asked with a mischievous grin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raj and Toshiba were outside of college.they were roaming on streets.They talked about each other and Raj came to know that Toshiba likes him too. It was looking like a dream came true.
They were sitting on a bench in college's garden.Air was chilly of course but they just wanted some privacy.
They heard DJ had stopped music and now countdown of New year had started.
"Raj"
Raj noticed that Toshiba was blushing..
"Yes Toshiba."Raj was looking at her sliver Jhumkas.
"Can you...Can we kiss ?" Her voice made Raj's heart to jump.
" What Toshiba,Are you sure?"

Her voice was shaky " You know,if we kiss someone at the stroke of midnight of new year's eve ..."
Raj stopped her,"I know what is the tradition Toshiba. But do you really want to spend your life with me?"
"Yes..Now kiss me ! It's almost 2 seconds left."Toshiba leaned,so did Raj and they started to explore each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 28 years, new year's eve house party..

"You know the best thing about being married is you always have date for new year's eve."Raj was telling his family and friends the same jokes and they were enjoying.Toshiba still laughed at his old jokes and that's the only thing mattered to Raj.
" So what I am going to do with him ?after 25 years of marriage,I'm still his date." Toshiba was blushing like a new bride.
After few hours,they were on the roof.Only two people Raj and Toshiba.

"Raj,do me a favour.when I go,find someone to tell your old jokes ."

Raj took her hand in his-"Do you really think it'll be easy replacing you after all these years ?It'll take me at least 1-2 weeks."
They both laughed.. they were waiting for the stroke of midnight of new year's eve.. and they kissed ..like they kissed 28 years ago..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 30 years, new year's eve..

He wasn't sure if it was unbearable cold this year,or if age had simply made him more aware of it.he was heading towards a grave.it was Toshiba's grave.When he reached at the grave,he sniffed and cleared his throat.
" I miss you so much,the kids do too,our grandkids...not that much.Do you know Toshiba after you gone,there is no one to laugh on my jokes anymore. Kids try to help but it's not working.I am ...lost without you.I don't think I've got long, you know," he murmured. "I'm tired all the time. It's like I can feel my heart slowing down, but it's felt like that since you left to be honest. But I think...I think I'm fading, and I can't tell the kids this, but I'm not scared. I just...I want to see you again."
It was stroke of midnight of new year's eve..
"You're the one and only date I've got ever,how could we spend our new year's eve separately ?" Raj kissed the gravestone.He felt the taste of Toshiba's lips on his lips.He was feeling complete at the moment....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~