Chapter 7

I watched on as Channing made Phelan Beta with an ache in my chest. Even though Phelan and I had not mated, Channing had changed his mind about that and made plans to make Phelan Beta as soon possible.

Well here we were.

It had been 2 weeks since Phelan had stopped me from seeing Channing at all. At meetings he would reach for my hand, or say my name as if to remind me that he was there, and whenever I ignored him or said no to him I was faced with hurt and rejection.

It broke me to pieces every single time.

Something was changing. Everything was different between Channing and I and I couldnt process why.

I watched as Phelan waved at me over his shoulder as he and his friends went for a run. I forced a smile and waved back. Things had changed between me and Phelan as well. I could feel the bond strengthening between us. He had promised to take things slow, I slept in the guest bedroom and we hadnt even kissed since Channing broke the news about Tyrina.

I strode towards Channing and met his gaze with a smile. Channing? I whispered. He glared down at me with a cocked eyebrow. You are no longer my Beta Kiyiya, you may refer to me as Alpha. He said as his eyes wandered around the area. What happened between us was a mistake. I shouldnt have made those moves on you like that. It was wrong and detrimental to our pack. He said quietly.

Shock morphed onto my face as my jaw dropped. Channing Alpha! he snarled and I backed away before running from him as my dress flowed out behind me as I ran towards Phelans house.

I slammed the door behind me as I made my way up the stairs before pausing as I felt a short stab of pain in my abdomen. Running up the stairs I flung the bathroom door open before hunching over the toilet.

I could feel my wolf growling at the thought of being sick. She hated being cooped up in a room and I knew she would hate me if I got sick.

I rubbed my stomach as I hurled into the toilet. Then pausing I wiped my mouth and stared down at the tiny bump that stood out against my flat stomach. I smiled and cradled my stomach. I was about to link Phelan and tell him the news but knowledge forced my silence.

Phelans not the father

I let out a sob as it racked my body. I felt so weak.

I didnt know how to tell Channing. After how he treated me this morning, I didnt even want him to be the father but as I cradled my small bump, everything seemed more perfect than it had ever felt before. Channings baby or not, I was going to give this child life, even if it depended on mine.

I leant against the kitchen island as I waited for the steak to cook through. I was about to flip them when the door burst open and Channing stared at me incredulously. Kiyiya? he asked, his eyes as wide as dinner plates. Youre having a baby? he asked, almost smiling but shock looked like it was the only thing stopping him from grinning.

******

I shrugged and looked down at the steaks as they sizzled. Does it matter? I asked not meeting his gaze. His growl reverberated off the walls as he stared me down. Of course it matters. My baby is growing inside of you. He said stepping towards me but my hand shot up and slapped him across the face.

I could feel shock creeping from the darkness to grab me but I didnt care.

My wolf made sure of that as she took control. How dare you Channing? I only just found out and you think that its okay to talk to me like you did? How dare you? she said. And I whimpered in the back of our mind as she slowly gave control back to me.

I stared into Channings electric blue eyes as his wolf tried for control. Growling, he took my hands and pinned me against the wall behind him as Phelan entered the room. Phelan eyed Channing with his knuckles flaring white as his fists clenched against the kitchen counter.