Unwinding

With aching feet you walk down the hall to your apartment, a yawn escaping your mouth as you near the door. You unlock it and swing it open and call out "Hey hon, I'm home."

Arachnae: They are currently working on a weaving project when you come in, their back to you. You notice that it's really been coming together, seemingly depicting a scene of summertime. "Welcome home, My love," they say without looking up, "How was your day?" You lament that it could have been much better and immediately their nimble fingers stop what they're doing. They turn and start to approach you their long glossy legs tapping against the wood flooring. "Well, let me do a little something about that tired look in your eyes..." they say placing a delicate kiss on your cheek.With great speed only capable of being achieved by a master weaver, an amazingly soft hammock is strung up between two walls, your spider love lifts you up and sets you in it, running a hand through your hair, you feel sleep coming. "Goodnight my love, I promise to make sure no bedbugs bite." You feel a soft kiss on your forehead as sleep takes you.

Harpy: As soon as you step through the threshold, soft golden wings wrap around you, pulling you into a tight embrace. "Oh! I'm so happy that you're home, I have so much I wanna tell you about!" Your girlfriend plants a number of tiny kisses all over your face and neck, but she stops suddenly when she sees your tired eyes. "Are you feeling alright? You look exhausted." You admit that the hard day at worked kicked you six ways to Sunday, and suddenly you're quickly ushered into the bedroom the two of you share. "Here, lay down and let me tell you about my day." You set your head against her downy feathers and listen as she begins to sing in her native tongue about the things she learned in her classes today. It took you months to learn the Harpy language, but it means that you two are able to share this bond. Right around the time she begins singing about the migration habits of gazelle, you are lulled into a deep sleep by your lover's angelic voice.

Naga: The long serpentine body of your partner is sprawled out across the couch as you walk in, they are still in their work clothes and have pulled up a John Mulaney special on Netflix. "Yay, you're home babe. Come lay down and warm me up." They give you a little coy smile and you can't help but grin back, you've been thinking about cuddling into their cool scales all day. As you start to cuddle them, they wrap around you securely and begin to undulate their lower half against your aching muscles, you giggle and ask what their doing. They again look down at you with a fang filled grin and say "Full body massage, get it?" You can't help but groan and pull them into a wonderfully deep kiss.

Orc: Heavenly scents waft to you as you step into the kitchen where your lover is just putting the finishing touches on an extravagant dinner for the two of you. "Good evening, you cutie." They lean down and give you a quick kiss, "Here, come check out what I made." Steam still rises from a plate of mashed potatoes garnished with chives and cheddar, on the side is a tray of dinner rolls whose flaky brown tops call to you, and at the center is an amazing looking roast braised with carrots and celery. Your mouth falls open, as your partner beams with pride. "Dating a culinary student sure has it's benefits, huh?" You couldn't agree more and practically jump into their powerful arms, holding them tightly to you.

Slime: It was always so hot at work, which is why you relished coming home to your amorphous partner. You had just slipped out of your shoes when you were fully engulfed by their cool mass, hell you barely had time to catch a breath. But the relief was amazing, it was almost like all the aches and pains in your body ebbed away as they flowed around you. You closed your eyes and when you opened them found yourself in the bathtub, your slime pulling your clothes off. You learned it best to not fight these things, and instead allowed them to give you a deep and cleansing bath. By the time they were done you smelled slightly of citrus and your eyes were heavy. You say a soft thank you, and while you don't expect an answer, the soft form cuddling next to you says more than enough.

Vampire: "Good evening darling." Your partner stands in the kitchen doing some rather gruesome meal prep for their night shift at the hospital. They finish up and embrace you in a graceful manner, setting their forehead against yours, "You know, I feel the only time we see each other is when we're leaving or coming home from work. I'm so looking forward to that trip to the Carpathians in a few months. Are you ok?" Their cold exterior breaks for a second as they scan over your work weary face. You yawn and just explain how your manager was a dick today and how you missed being in their arms. "I could eat him if you'd like." They wink and then quickly prick their finger with one of their gleaming white fangs. "Here, taste." They press the tip to your mouth and you lick at the bead of blood. Almost immediately you feel rejuvenated and happier. You catch your lover smiling wistfully at you, before they lunge in and steal a kiss and leave for an equally busy night on their end.