I want to stay ( Ralsei x Reader )

Heyy :D
This is my first "x Reader" story I ever made , so don't judge it too much ^^"
P.S : happy new year , everyone :3

________________________________________________________________________________

[Narrator POV] :
(Y/N) had been traveling with Kris and Ralsei through the Kingdom of Darkness , her only hope to return back to her family .

She was sure that she wasn't a hero at all and that she could never be as strong as her friends , but whenever she talked about it , Ralsei was always comforting her , saying that she was just as great as them and that they would've always been there for her ...

Since they began the journey (Y/N) had become friends with the sorcerer , and that friendship had only grown within time : she defended him when Susie and Lancer were making fun of him , and even against enemies she was looking out for Ralsei , protecting him by taking the damage on her own soul .

Besides , the two seemed to have some things in common , since they were both very lonely before meeting each other , and since (Y/N) was capable of practicing magic as well ... but most importantly , they were both determined to not hurt anyone and solve things in the most peaceful way .

But now ...
The end to their adventure was getting closer .

Kris , Ralsei , Susie and (Y/N) had arrived to the King's castle , and they were now taking the final elevator , the one that would've brought them in front of their last fight .

The four were sitting on the floor , and even if no one was speaking , the tension inside their heart was so strong that they could all feel it .

That was it .

That was the moment to write an ending to their stories , once and for all .

[ (Y/N) POV]
I took a deep breath , as she looked to the ceiling with my (E/C) eyes :
I was afraid , more afraid than ever before .

During our escape from the prisons , I had the occasion to see how many innocent people had been captured by the King , so that could've only meant that he wasn't the most "kind" monster in the Kingdom ...

What if he was too strong ?

What if we couldn't stop him ?

I tried to make that thought disappear , and gave everyone a fragile smile .

< Whatever will happen ...
I just wanted to let you know that you are the best friends I've ever had , guys . >

Susie chuckled at that sudden affirmation , and I was certain that she would've made fun of me , as usual ...

< Jeez , that's dumb ...
But to be honest , I feel the same way .
( you'll never hear any more ridiculous stuff from me again . ) >

I laughed , and saw that Kris was smiling as well ...
At least , I would've died surrounded by a good company .

In that moment , the door of the elevator opened up , and the joy we were feeling shattered in a million pieces :
It was time .

Before they got out and walked to their destiny , Ralsei got closer to me , a worried expression behind his glasses .
I had noticed he had been very quiet ...

< (Y/N) ... may I - uh - tell you something ? > he asked , looking down .

< Of course , what is it ? > , I answered , giving him a smile to encourage him .

There was a small blush on his cheeks , as the Prince of Darkness took a deep breath to calm himself down .
What was troubling him so much ?
I was curious to know ...