Chapter 45-Bury the hatchet

Days were slow on the island. The young human watched the sun rise and set everyday. It was beautiful but she had grown tired.

Innana sighed crossing off the 6 lines of the wall. 3 weeks. 3 whole weeks. She was losing her mind. 3 weeks down? That meant it was exactly 4 weeks to her birthday.

"I'm going hunting. Could you water the garden?" Lady said. The woman still refused to give a name or a story to how she got here. So Innana still called her Lady.

"Yes sure." She said.

Lady left the hut with the wolf, which Innana found out was named Taz, then she heard the gate close. Tears welled up in her eyes. She missed home so much. She missed Era, Kit, the puppies, Koya, Suki and most of all Savvina. Her heart ached so much from being away.

She wiped her face and blew out a breath.

I need to find a way back home.

She walked out of the hut and went to the spring that was apparently behind the hut. Sometimes She would just sit by it and listen to the water.

She fetched some into a clay pot and carried it but as she got closer her, she felt a stinging pain in her abdomen and dropped the pot.

She lifted the sheep's clothing she wore and winced at the sight of her still healing bruises. The long gash below her left boob opened.

The young girl sighed and carried the pot, watering the plants. When she was done she had the chickens and went to the the spring. She lifted her dress over her head and walked into the lukewarm water.

She washed off the blood and just drifted in the water with her eyes closed. Then she opened one when she heard movement. She looked around and saw nothing. Maybe it was just in her head.

But she heard it again and stood in the water. She was getting weird vibes that someone was watching her. She turned around but found no one.

"It's nothing, Innana. You're just running mad on this island." She said to herself.

Then she saw a bush ruffle. She looked closer and a rabbit jumped out bit an arrow went threw it.

"Aah!" Innana yelled and turned to find Lady.

"Hmm. I guess it's my lucky day. 3 rabbits, 5 birds and I didn't even have to walk far away." She said picking the dead animal. "You seem to be enjoying yourself."

"My wound opened again. I just wanted to wash away the blood." Innana said.

The woman looked at her intently. "Hmm...let me see."

The young girl blushed. "Now?" She said looking around.

The woman rolled her eyes. "We are the only people on this island, Unless you're scared of animals jumping out to shag y-?"

The woman stopped and looked at Innana, tilting her head to the side. Innana didn't like it. It was almost as if she was looking at her neck so the young girl covered her body.

Innana didn't want to be naked in the presence of the woman. The person she really wanted to be naked in from of wasn't here and-

"Hey girl!"

"Huh?"

"I said get dressed and meet me inside to check it."

"Sure." Innana said and watched the woman's retreating figure disappear.

The curly haired girl got out and put on her clothes before walking towards the hut. On the outside Lady has already started with dinner. Two rabbits were being roasted over a fire.