Strangefrost

NOT my art, credit
@/ duranjaa on Tublr

Dr Strange's POV

I was having a pretty good day, Wong had been keeping me company since most of the time I sat alone, reading and practicing my magic. He had just left the Sanctum to run some errands when I was alerted of an Earthly threat.
Great.
I thought to myself once I discovered that it was none other than Loki, God of being a huge pain in my ass. I pinpointed his location finding him to be in Manhattan.
You have to be shitting me.
I rolled my eyes and began casting a portal.

Seconds later, the angrily screaming god came crashing to the floor. He jumped off the ground, dusted off his suit, and turned around to face me with fire in his eyes.
"Loki Odinson-"
"What the hell do you want from me witch?!"
He cut me off, pulling his daggers out of thin air.
"The name is Dr. Stephen Strange."
I formed my magic sheilds and planted my feet firmly,
"Put down the daggers, I brought you here to talk."
To my surprise, the daggers vanished. Loki ran his hand through his hair and sighed,
"Well, get on with it."
I pulled up some seats for the two of us and made a cup of tea appear in his grasp.
"I hope you like tea."
I said remembering his brother.
The god didn't answer but sipped it begrudgingly. I cleared my throat before speaking,
"Why have you come back to Earth?"
"Does it really matter?"
Loki asked me with an eye roll.
"Well considering you killed hundreds of people the last time you were in Manhattan, yes. It matters. As a protector of Earth, its my job to keep track of all threats."

The raven haired man stood up and set his tea on my table,
"If that's you're concern, I'll be on my way. I don't seek any more damage on this planet."
"Sit."
With a flick of my wrist he was once again seated.
"If thats really true, why have you returned?"
Loki bit his lip and looked away,
"I wanted to check how the rebuilding process of Manhattan has gone."
I raised an eyebrow,
"And what makes you care all of a sudden?"
"I've grown and learned things over these years."
He began bouncing his leg.
"Hmm..you don't really seem to be the remorseful type."
I stated, not trusting him.
Loki's hand balled to a fist as he stood again,
"Don't act like you know anything about my character! You know nothing of my life or what I've been through. Now if you don't mind, Doctor, I'm leaving." For a moment I thought I saw real pain on the god's face. He turned his back to me and began marching away.

"Hey! Wait."
Impulsively, I grabbed his arm, making him turn around and throw a punch at my face. I blocked it with my arm and took a step back.
"I'm sorry, you're right, I don't know your life. But you have to understand my hesitation to let you roam free on my planet." His arms crossed over his chest and he sighed heavily,
"I get it. I am a monster to your kind. I killed, hurt and manipulated. And I regret all of it. I came back today because I wanted to see if there was something I could possibly do to right my wrongs. The guilt I feel torments my every breathing moment. I was imprisoned on my planet by my family... I caused my mother's death."
The god of mischief looked at his feet as a glistening tear ran down his face.
"I am loved by no one."
Woah, I was not expecting that. I felt like I should say something but I never know what to do in these situations.
"What about Thor?"
"I'm unworthy of his love. I'm unworthy of anyone's love. I'm just a hideous monster."
More tears fell and he wasn't stopping them.

"Why are you telling me this?"
I asked out of curiosity.
"Good question... I don't know how to answer it. I get the feeling you've seen a lot, wizard. Humans aren't born with the ability to harness magic."
He wiped his eyes and regained his composure.
We stood in awkward silence for a while, I studied his face and body, getting his image engraved in my memory.
"Your eyes.. they're quite beautiful."
I really didn't know why I decided to compliment him, maybe it would lighten his mood.
He tore his eyes from the floor and looked into mine. My heart dropped to my stomach.
"How did you aquire your power?"