Dusk til' Dawn

It was new years eve, the fireworks were heating up, sparkling like a million pieces of broken glass in the sky and falling again. As the fireworks screeched loud in the sky and brought music and celebrations to homes and our ears. But, as we know, all fireworks go up before coming down. The only problem was... There was something that wasn't as planned that evening.

****

It is a bright summers day as the sky was blue and the clouds looked like cushions and as white as snowflakes. The leaves on the trees glittered as the sun hit its blinding rays on them. The trees swooshed in the wind as the breeze swung across. I lay still, looking up into the clouds thinking about my daily life and how boring my life had become. I mean, I'm laying out here looking up into the clouds doing nothing except thinking of how boring my life is.

As I am as peaceful as can be, my friend yells "Stacks on!" She jumps on me as I scream in shock. "What the hell is wrong with you !" I yell as I push her off me. "Come on! Lyra! What happened to you, you used to be the life of the party!" She replied as she punches my shoulder. "You know, I'm still Irresistible!" I say with a sour face.

"Well, yes you are" A voice says from behind us. "Ian!" I squeal out and stand up as I wipe my butt from the grass. As my friend suddenly sits up straight and acts like she didn't attack me. He smiles at me as he starts walking towards me, as I get a million butterflies from his billion dollar smile, I run up to him and wrap myself around him and he whispers in my ear "Hey, my koala bear"

He puts me down as he kisses my cheek. "Oh my god! Guys! Seriously, get a room!" Yells my friend Natalie. I giggle and act like a typical teenager "please! You know you want this!" As I watch her roll her eyes and turn away, I look back into Ian's eyes. I watch his eyes sparkle as he looks into my eyes.

"I love looking into your eyes, because then I see myself and it makes me feel like I'm apart of you, like were one" He whispers as he leans down to me. "I love you" I reply as my cheeks turn into tomatoes.

As he grabs my hand, he tells me that he loves me. "Come on then, we shouldn't keep them waiting!" As I nod in agreement he kisses my forehead and we start walking with our friends to the mall.

***

"Oi Natalie!" I yell as I catch up to her. "What!?" She asks like she got surprised. "You were looking at Kurt!" I laugh at her as her eyes widen, Kurt is my best friend just like Natalie. "You got a crush on my boyfriends brother!?" I say as I go quieter, awkward. "Okay yes I do!" Natalie admits with a stone dead face. "Oh, wow..." I reply. "Do you think he likes me?" She asks as we are about 10 metres behind from the boys. "Can you keep a secret?" I whisper to her. "Yes! You know I can!" She yells out as the boys turn around facing us. I watch her eyes grow wide waiting for a word to come out of my mouth. Kurt looks at her smiling and wide eyed and then Kurt goes with Ian and turns back around and keep walking.

"He likes you back" I giggle as she goes shocked. "Really!?" She says as her voice becomes clearer. "Would I lie to you!?" I say with a serious face. "Oh my god! He does! He does! He does!" She squeals as she starts jumping and squeaking around me.

As we attract a crowd from Natalies nonsense. Ian comes up to me and takes my hand as Kurt and Natalie are left alone together so Kurt can calm Natalie down. Me and Ian have known that they've liked each other since freshmen. They've always hid their feelings for each other and me and Ian are trying to hook them up!

"Baby?" Ian snaps me out of my thoughts. "Mmm, yes?" I reply. "Guess what!" He says with excitement in his voice. "What!?!" I reply with my happiness. "I got you something" he says. "Close your eyes!" As I close my eyes, I tell him "What is it?!" He pulls my hands out and gives me a box. "Open your eyes now" I come by surprise as I look at the white rectangle box with a light purple ribbon strapped to it. "It's for you, I want you to wear it tonight for the fireworks!" He whispers into my ear. I go to open it but he puts his arm over my hand. "Wait until you get home" he says, stopping me.

"Okay" I agree to his words. He takes my hand as we head back to Kurt and Natalie. "Will you go out with me Natalie?" I hear Kurt's voice speak from in front of us. "YES! OMG! I LOVE YOU KURT!" Natalie's voice screams. I run over in excitement and say "Awww!" I see Natalie and Kurt's massive smile as they hug.

****

"Okay! I guess i'll see you tonight, baby" I hear Kurt say as he opens the car door for Natalie. "I love you Kurt" as she wraps her arms around him and hugs him tightly.

As they are all lovey dovey, Ian wraps his arms around me "I love you! My Lyra, aka Koala bear" As I hear him giggle behind my back, I elbow him in the gut gently. "Bad Ian!" As I giggle back smirking.

As Ian opens the car door for me, I quickly kiss his cheek. "I'll see you in a couple of hours! I love you!" As I sit down in the car he quickly leans closer to me and kisses my lips. "I'll miss you, my koala!" He whispers and I push him away as I giggle. As the car starts to drive off home, I turn around and wave him goodbye. As I wave goodbye he blows me a kiss and brings a rush to my cheeks.