Chapter 23: Old & New Friends

Marshall POV

I was ready in a few minutes and left my house to go meet Fia. I entered the coffee shop and saw Fia sitting at the back.

"Hey," I said once I sat across from her.

"Hey."

"So, let me guess. Is this about Fionna?" I asked.

"Well, sort of."

"And you came here to convince me that Fionna is sorry about what she said so I can forgive her," I continued.

"Wow, you're smart for a guy, who barely comes to class."

"Look, if that's the only thing you wanted to talk about then you're wasting you're time," I said completely ignoring her comment.

I was about to get up and leave when she asked me a question I myself didn't know the answer to.

"Why is it so hard for you to forgive her?"

I just stared at her not knowing what to say. The question kept popping up in my head. Why couldn't I just forgive her?

"You never spend as much time with anybody else as you do with her. So she must be important to you. But then again if she's that important to you why are you letting her go so easily?"

Again I kept quiet. I knew Fionna meant something to me and I wasn't letting go. I was preventing myself from getting hurt.

"Look, I know she means something to you. Wether she's a friend or more. Don't let her go," all I did was nod.

Fia got up but before she left she stopped.

"And Marshall?"

"Yeah?"

"Just because we're not as close as we used to be doesn't mean I don't care about you. You'll always be my friend," she smiled. I was shocked. Fia and me used to be friends, best friends even but things happened and I distanced myself from not only her but everybody else.

"I know. I'm sorry," I mumbled not looking at her. She smiled again.

"Don't worry about it and I would prefer if you'd apologize to Fi instead of me," I smiled and nodded. I can't let what happened between Fia and me happen to Fionna and me.

I'm going to have to talk to Fionna. I hope I can make things right and get my bunny back.

A/N I'm sorry for not updating sooner but I was a little busy. But I'm back now.