Creative Covers image--how it was created

It was time to do up a new cover for this book, and I thought why not do it for FREE. Mind you, I do have a subscription to Storyblocks, the image was free to use for members. 

But I did create it using FREE online software. THAT's RIGHT FREE, EASY to USE software. Who says you need Adobe to create an amazing design? I made the final cover of this book all using software that is available for zero dollars. To crop images or insert layers and other effects, I often use Pixlr. https://pixlr.com/editor/  It has its limitations, but for free, it's not only easy to use but also fast for creating simple manipulations and other effects. 

For example, to get this base image, I used Pixlr to crop it to the correct size. You might find it hard to believe the original picture for the final design even started like this:

 You might find it hard to believe the original picture for the final design even started like this:

There are quite a few online programs you can use to create something like this cover, but you might want to check out this one: http://www.picturetopeople.org/ You can create crazy cool lettering with a press of a button and even get this lettered text effect done on pictures. 

Once I created the image with the lettering tool, I made the title using the font too, then put the final design together in Pixlr. Voila done!

 Voila done!