Chapter 25: Mountain Glenn (Part 1)

The Following Day

Beacon Academy

After the Ball, instead of taking the day to relax and catch up on lost sleep, much of the academy and its visiting students were abuzz about what was planned that day. Today would be the day that all first-year students would shadow a professional Huntsman in the field.

Among those excited--of course--was team RWBY.

Yang: This is going to be awesome!

Yang, fully dressed, was energetically practice punching the air, completely pumped for the upcoming event.

Weiss: I can finally demonstrate the results of my training out in the real world.

Weiss was sitting on her bed, cleaning her rapier with a cloth.

Blake: This will be a great chance for us to investigate the southeast without drawing attention. If we can shadow a Huntsman going there.

Weiss: True.

Yang: You girls worry too much, of course we'll be going to the southeast.

Weiss: How can you be so sure?

Yang smiled.

Yang: We're team RWBY! We'll find a way.

Weiss: I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about that...

Yang chuckled right as the door to their room opened up to reveal their leader, Ruby. Weiss, Blake, and Yang, looked at their leader with curiosity.

Yang: Well? What happened?

Ruby scratched her head.

Ruby: Well...

Ruby looked down for a moment before lighting up again.

Ruby: I told them to investigate the southeast!

Yang: Yeah!

Weiss: How you managed to convince professor Ozpin you knew nothing baffles me.

Yang: Did you use the "puppy eyes"?

Ruby: No... I don't think it would have worked anyway, Professor Goodwitch was with him. So was your sister, Weiss.

Weiss: Winter was there?

Blake: It makes sense, she is the representative of Atlas while General Ironwood is away.

Weiss: Now I'm even more skeptical on how you convinced them.

Yang: It doesn't matter now, we got them thinking about it! Good job sis!

Ruby: Thanks!

Yang: Oh! There's even more good news!

Yang grabbed a medium sized box on top of her bed.

Yang: We got a package!

Ruby: Ooooh! Something from home!

Ruby zoomed to her sister and tried to open it herself. Yang ripped the wrapping off of the box.

Yang: I bet Dad sent this! I wonder what it is.

Yang opened the box and looked inside.

Yang: What do we have- Huh?

Ruby: What is it!? What is it!? Let me see!

Ruby looked over her sister's shoulder and looked at the box's contents. She shared her sister's confusion.

Ruby: Huh? What is that?

_____

_____

Y/N's Dorm Room