Chapter fifteen

It had been a few days since May and Yanjun had been looking for a dress. May had recovered from the stress and strain in the meantime, and she was almost the same again. So it was not surprising that she was back at her desk that evening when Yanjun arrived.

He appeared with four garment bags in his hand, which he carefully discarded on the sofa before settling himself on top of it. May had watched him wordlessly the whole time. After making himself comfortable, he looked at May with a meaningful look. She took a moment to understand what he was trying to tell her. Finally, it clicked and she said the words she learned by heart.

"Hello Yanjun. Nice to see you Yanjun. How was your day Yanjun? Do you want something to drink Yanjun?" She spoke the words monotonously.

Yanjun smiled gently. "Well, better than the first time but still not perfect. We will get there. I wouldn't say no to a tea. This might take a while."

May was confused. "What might take a while?"

Yanjun gestured her to bring tea first. May resigned and did as he had told her.

When she returned, Yanjun was still sitting where she had left him. Yanjun sipped his tea with relish and peace until May made him aware of the garment bags he had forgotten completely.

"What's that?" she pointed her finger down.

Yanjun followed her gaze and stopped at the garment bags. "Well, darling, that's the solution to all your problems." he answered dramatically. May stared at him with an expressionless face.

"Ok, maybe not the solution for all your problems. At least a solution for your dress problem."

May rolled her eyes. "I gave that up. I'll just put on something."

Shocked, Yanjun put down his cup and looked at her with wide eyes. "Oh hell no. Not as long as I am responsible for you." He stood up and handed her the first garment bag. "Go put that on." May did not move an inch. "Please." he added.

"Do I have a choice?" May stated as she grabbed the bag out of his hand and walked over to her bedroom. "Don't peak while I change!"

She laid the garment bag carefully on her bed. All in all, it looked very expensive and she did not want to break anything. Piece by piece, she opened the zipper. To the light came a red silken fabric.

After taking the dress out of its bag, she admired it for a moment. It was probably the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Hastily and yet carefully she climbed into the dress. 

The cleavage went down pretty low but the thin straps held the dress in place

The cleavage went down pretty low but the thin straps held the dress in place. The slit went up her left leg without showing too much. The color complemented her skin and she could totally see herself wearing it.

"What takes so long? Do you have it on?" Yanjun shouted outside the door after a while.

"Calm down!" May answered still fascinated by the dress.

She exited her room pretty confident. Yanjun was still sitting on his spot on the couch and eyed her up and down. May turned again and again for him clearly enjoying herself. When she finally came to a rest she looked hopefully at Yanjun, waiting for an answer.

"Well that one is pretty good. But I think you should try on the second dress as well."

"There is a second dress?" May couldn't believe her ears. She could not imagine how something was going to overtake the first dress.

Yanjun gave her a grin as he handed her over the second garment bag. Once again, May disappeared into her bedroom. She laid the second garment bag carefully next to the first on her bed and carefully stepped out of the first dress. After packing it safely again, she opened the second one. And what she saw, she could not believe. 

It took a while but she had finally put it on

It took a while but she had finally put it on. It suited her perfectly, as if it had been designed especially for her. The first dress was nothing compared to this one. The silken golden fabric was covered in sparkles, the cleavage was once again pretty low but in no case cheap. Although it was floor-length it felt like a sweet nothing on her skin. In the first dress she had felt sexy. In this dress, she felt like herself. Well, like a more expensive and more elegant version of herself.

This time, Yanjun once again got impatient. He went over to her slightly opened bedroom door and peeked inside. There he saw May, standing in the golden dress. He couldn't believe it. If he had a heartbeat, he was sure that it would have beaten wildly. May looked stunning. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Yanjun did not know enough words to describe her at this moment.

May noticed him and sent him a shy smile. Yanjun returned her smile and walked over to her, his arm stretched out in front of him. May took his outstretched hand. Slowly Yanjun spun her around. As in slow motion May turned around so Yanjun was able to see her from all sides.

"Beautiful!" Yanjun aspirated, breathless by this sight.

"Thank you!" May answered equally silent.

For a moment they kept their position until May noticed the other two bags on the sofa.

"What are those? Don't tell me you brought two more dresses. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can ever keep up with this dress."

Yanjun smiled brightly, "Well, these ones are mine. I brought two suits. Matching each of the dresses. If you let me, I would get changed too."

May nodded and left the bedroom to Yanjun. She sat down carefully on the sofa, right where Yanjun had been waiting for her.

There was nothing that could have prepared May for the moment Yanjun stepped out of the bedroom.