(First) Love Makes You Behave Differently

"Here's your tea, Nami-swan."

"Thanks", came the weak reply.

"Hey, what's up with you, you have been this cheerless all day", asked the cook and sat down across from her.

Nami sighed and took her cup to carefully take a sip out of it. Then she put the porcelain back down.

"Robin is so distant again at the moment." She curled her lips in displeasure.

"Hm."

Sanji watched the navigator, how she was sitting here so pouty at the table in the dining room. A rare sight.

As of late, she was together with the archaeologist of the ship, Nico Robin.

Detachment was an attribute that basically wasn't really strange to use as the description of the black-haired woman. After all, her past had taught her this behaviour.

But since she had thawed with her time at the Strawhats and especially opened up to the navigator, it seemed weird if she was to close again now.

"But I thought you'd get along well with each other and things would be good between the two of you?" the cook asked therefore.

"Yes, it was like that. And since a few days she's refusing everything I'm suggesting if it got anything to do with us two spending some time alone. I do so not understand why. Since we were on the last island it's going like that. She bought some books again there and has been reading since then. And she refuses to stop and put this one book aside!" was Nami moaning. "Besides, there hasn't anything really happened between us yet..."

The blonde saw how shelooked back at her cup and started toying with it while she blushed a little.

"Well, you don't have to be all over each other frenziedly on the first day. It is really nice going about everything slowly in sequence and taking your time. Then you can enjoy it so much more. And you know that you are important to your partner."

"Haha, did you learn these tips from a book?"

It was right, Sanji was changing in mode from adoring women to relationship-adviser. But at least it could get a little laugh out of Nami already.

"I'm not even saying there should be happening who knows what. But...we...we haven't even kissed yet..."

"Oh." Yeah, Sanji was a bit surprised that it hadn't even come that far apparently. "Well, maybe she simply needs time for all that. You've seen on Water Seven and Enies Lobby how difficult it already was for her to continue accepting our friendship after she had made her decision. Anything that has to do with love must be even more difficult."

"Yes, I know that all. And I was prepared for it from the beginning on. But how is it supposed to progress when she is withdrawing completely?" Nami's frustration could be heard clearly.

"Don't worry. It won't be because she doesn't love you. 'Cause you are a great woman, Nami." He winked at her. "And if I should be wrong, surprisingly, then there's still me whose heart beats for you." He was beaming at her, being more of his flirty self again.

"Pff, forget it, Sanji!" She was grinning rather sure of herself again. With that, she reached for her drink and emptied the cup with a few decent sips directly.

"I just don't know how I am supposed to get Robin away from her book", said the orange-haired girl, pondering.