amor.

"ー you can't forget something you never remembered."

Junmyeon never believed in love at first sight. Well, at least not until he met Joohyun.

It was the night when he was at peak haste—

— the night when his mind was almost in jitters for he was on the brink of missing the last bus bound to his hometown— a three-hour drive away from the boy's college, the chances of him catching a cab willing to drop him off there were really slim.

He ran. Fast. At least as fast as he could be amidst the rain. It didn't look like it would subside anytime soon.

He managed to arrive at the bus stop just as the driver was about to speed off. Luckily so.

He ducked as he stepped into the vehicle due to the low entrance. Letting out the breath he was holding, he then realized that all seats were occupied. He had to stand and wait for a passenger to get off. In addition to that, he was all soaked. His clothes were sticking to his skin and his socks were soggy as fuck. Great.

"Well, that was much better than not getting on the bus at all," he thought to himself.

Junmyeon scanned the closed space he was in. Five other people were standing.

So he had to compete with 5 other people? His luck.

As he was visually exploring, his eyes landed on a small figure seated by the window.

It was a lady about his age, leaning on the glass. A breathtakingly gorgeous one, at that.

Black hair, plump cheeks and lips, Greek goddess-like face, pale skin, and, gods, those eyes. Those sparkling eyes. Eyes that were so mesmerizing even without having contact with Junmyeon's. Eyes that were intriguing, luring him in. Eyes that seemed familiar, but distant at the same time.

And eyes that were rather sad.

Maybe it was brought about by the downpour. Maybe it was the night's aura. Or maybe it was simply caused by the crystal drops of rain falling from the strands of Junmyeon's hair. But it was as though the girl's eyes were glassy.

Junmyeon's heartbeat quickened at a pace he wasn't familiar with. So much that he though it was going to burst out of his chest any time soon. Was he possibly palpitating at a time like this?

His stomach was churning, too.

What is wrong with me? He asked himself.

He could tell that the small girl he was looking at was responsible for this. Was this, perhaps, what they call voodoo magic?

No. Not that. He read this feeling somewhere in a book.

Somewhere...

Love?

Junmyeon thought it was too ridiculous to be love. He chuckled at the idea of him falling for some stranger.

He averted his eyes.

But he couldn't deny the feeling. Something in his heart told him that she was it. The emotion he got from the girl demanded to be felt. The more he surpressed, the more it grew.

And so, he told himself, that if they get off the same place, he will talk to the girl. Junmyeon was leaving this to fate's hands.

The bus halted to a stop, and it snapped Junmyeon back to reality, lost in thoughts a moment before.

A passenger got off and the seat was immediately occupied by another person. Junmyeon was still standing. And so, his ride home continued.

The raindrops blurred out the outside view, making the orange glow of the city lights look like fireflies. The buildings and people were nothing more than a passing spectacle of brown and black and the colors of the night.