Chapter 2 - Number Two

It was time for dinner. The brothers were sitting at the table, arguing about who would go and get the Ichijo girl. James sure as hell was not up to the task.

"Why don't we decide with a game of rock-paper-scissors?" he suggested, feeling confident about winning.

The others sighed, however, none of them refused. What else could they do but acquiesce? Someone had to do the job.

So here he was, standing in front of Emi's room was Blake Johnson. The ever so proud, eldest Johnson son was now playing a fetcher to a rich young lady. How humiliating. He hadn't been inquisitive at first, but now that he had been forced into this degrading position, he had to wonder why the housekeeper didn't live with them instead of staying in the cottage near the mansion. She only came three times a day to cook. Blake swore he would ask her about it next time he saw her, and persuade her into moving in with them.

There was no point in delaying the inevitable, so he opened the door, and walked in only to find the young lady on her knees in another knit sweater, this time it was brown, and leg warmers with a matching colour. He gulped. She was very enticing in that position. Especially the way the hem was raised as she was bent over, revealing so much skin, could make a man forget himself. Blake, being the level-headed of the brothers, kept his cool. That, however, didn't mean he didn't appreciate the view, so he leaned against the doorframe, folded his arms across his chest, and kept on watching since the lass didn't show any indication that she had heard him entering. She seemed to be focused on something under her bed.

"Come out, Bee. It's dirty down there," Emi called. As soon as she had come out of the bathroom, which was adjacent to her room, she had realised her pet had gone missing. What with the door being closed, she had come to a conclusion that it had hidden under the bed. The reason why she was on her knees, trying to persuade Beelzebub to come out, is because she couldn't reach him. The cat had gone too deep.

"If you don't come out, I'll leave you to starve." It finally came down to threats, yet Beelzebub didn't even budge. Blake thought it was high time to make his presence known.

"Is Bee the ugly cat I saw earlier?"

Emi gasped. She hadn't realised someone else was in her room. Looking at the panty-dropping handsome bespectacled man with grey eyes and raven black hair that reached the back of his neck, she replied.

"His name is Beelzebub, and he's not ugly." She felt offended on her cat's behalf.

"Beelzebub?" Blake raised a brow. "A name truly befitting the cat. Did the fat thing get stuck under the bed?"

Were all the brothers so rude?

"He isn't stuck. And just for the record, he isn't fat. He's just larger than usual." Emi tried to defend her furry friend.

"Of course."

"Why are you here?"

"To inform you that dinner is being served."