Chapter 21

Pit ended up taking Minerva where they shared their first kiss. It brought back that memory as Minerva began to blush. He sat down on the fountain edge as he patted the seat next to him. Minerva went over, sitting right next to him with a little distance in between.

   Minerva let her eyes wander as she cleared her throat. "What did you need to talk about?"

   Pit let out a sigh. "I wanted to say that I'm really sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I wasn't trying to hurt you, I just wanted to protect you. Ever since you've been with me, dangerous things just keeps heading your way. I don't want that for you."

   Minerva swallowed. "Even if I've been put in dangerous situations, I don't regret helping you that day. I say that it was the best thing that happened to me in a while. I was happy to help someone in need, and to make a new friend."

   Pit gave her a small smile. "I'm glad you feel that way." His smile turned bittersweet. "About what I said about not really having feelings for you, that was a lie. I strongly have feelings for you. I'm in love with you, Minerva."

   Minerva felt herself blushing. Her love for Pit was still there in her heart even if it got shattered. She still really loved him, but her heart felt really confused. Minerva swallowed, squeezing her lips. "I-I'm so relieved to hear you say that. I thought that time you were starting to hate me."

   "I would never hate you."

   "You wouldn't..? Even if I did something so despicable?"

   Pit raised an eyebrow. "No..?" He thought to himself for a moment. "So... During the time you were gone, you were with Pittoo?"

   Minerva nodded. "Yeah..."

   "What did he do to you?"

   Minerva's eyes widen as she started to blush deeply. She wasn't sure if she could tell Pit this. "He, um... Was nice to me..."

   "Pittoo? Nice? I never heard that in the same sentence." He squinted his eyes. "What else did he do?"

   Minerva swallowed. "He... Confessed to me like you did..."

   Pit widened his eyes. "He has feelings for you too?!"

   Minerva nodded. "Yes. He meant every word he said to me. And with that, it lead to us kissing..."

   Pit gasped dramatically. "You WHAT?!"

   Minerva closed her eyes, letting out a sigh. "Yeah, I know... I was in my moment of weakness since my heart was broken, and I was completely naive with my feelings. I know that's no excuse... And I don't blame you if you never want to speak to me again after hearing this."

   Minerva was expecting Pit to get angry and start yelling at her. She was sure that he would start hating her. She grunted as she felt Pit embrace her from the side. Pit's eyes were wavering as he let out a sigh through his nose. "I'm not going to hate you for doing that. I don't blame you if you ran off with someone else after I broke your heart. I was expecting something like that to happen. Though... I didn't expect it to be with my dark reflection."

   Minerva's eyes started wavering as well. "But... What I did was stupid and unforgivable. I don't deserve your forgiveness..."

   "Come on... We weren't in a relationship when that happened, so you technically didn't really end up betraying me. Though I gotta be honest, it stings a little."

   Minerva lowered her eyes. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I don't deserve your forgiveness... I really don't..!"

   "Minerva, look at me." She looked up at Pit who had a serious expression. "I don't want to hear you putting yourself down. I forgive you, and I know you forgive me. All what has happened can be water under the bridge now. We can put it behind us."

   Minerva just blinked. "You're... Handling this quite well and maturely. I was so sure that you were going to be really angry at me..."

   Pit shook his head. "I'm not angry with you. I understand that you're still really young and will make tons of mistakes. You still don't know how to really handle your emotions at your age. So I'm not going to hold anything against you."

   Minerva had tears in her eyes. "Pit..."

   Pit gave her a smile as he looked into her eyes. "I know that I'm your first love, and Pitto was your first... Partner. But just know even though that happened, I love you and I want to officially be with you."

   Tears were rolling down her face. "Pit... You're so kind..."

   Pit wiped away her tears with his fingers. He gave her a bittersweet smile. "I know that you must be really confused about your feelings right now. You love me, but you love him. I'll be willing to wait for you to figure it out eventually. I'll wait for the rest of my life if I have to."

   Minerva waved her arms vigorously. "I'm not going to take that long! I'll sort my feelings out and figure out who is really best for me."

   "Take your time. And even if it doesn't end up being me, I want you to be happy."

   Minerva softly smiled at him. "Thank you, Pit. Your words mean a lot to me."

   Pit returned the smile as he stood up from the fountain. "I see Link over there. I just remembered that I needed to ask him something."

   Minerva nodded. "Ok. I'll be here for a little longer."

   "That's fine." Pit leaned down to her, planting a kiss on her forehead. "See you later, Minerva!" He started running towards where Link was. "Hey Link! You didn't tell me you had your own manga series! What's up with that?!"

   Minerva giggled at Pit's silliness. She smiled as she watched him go. As soon as he was out of sight, her smile eventually disappeared. Now she was lost in thought.

   Minerva had never felt so confused in her life. She loved Pit deeply, but she also has a new love for Dark Pit. She didn't think it was possible to love two people at the same time. It felt wrong, she didn't want to put them through that. She knew that she had to choose one of them. Even if it means hurting one to be with one.