Chapter 2: 100%

Saturday, 22:55

"Minhyuk, what the fuck? Can you slow down? You nearly ran those two people over." Jooheon hollers from the passenger seat in panic as I grip my seatbelt and the backseat itself, doing my best with gritted teeth not to dig my nails and tear into the leather of Minhyuk's hummer. Looking over his shoulder, Jooheon glances at me with growing concern. "Dude, look, Hyungwon's motion sickness is acting up again."

If I could, I'd throw up, but my head is spinning in such havoc, I can't even muster the strength to reach over and open the window - because I will not ever vomit in a friend's card, especially Minhyuk's.

God knows I barely have enough of a backbone when Minhyuk drives like this to keep my head up.

Minhyuk, the intelligent man he is, had forgotten to purchase one of the most important things of the night - red solo cups. Or, at least enough red solo cups. As more and more people arrived to the house, Jooheon and I had took notice of the stack of red cups dwindling in the kitchen and, upon further inspection, concluded that of all things Minhyuk could forget to stack up on, it had to have been cups. Of course. Although I offered to remain at the house to keep an eye on things while the other two ventured to the twenty-four hour convenience store a few blocks away, I, once again, was dragged into coming along. Jooheon especially likes doing errands together, which is the primary reason we go grocery shopping together every Thursday together like a trio of housewives with double the gossip.

"Hyungwon, hold it together, man." Jooheon calls to me. "Minhyuk, he actually looks like he's going to hydro-pump all over the inside of your car."

Slumped against the backseat, limp and ill against the headrest, I barely make out their conversation up front.

"He'll be fine. Besides, Hoseok will be there so if that isn't enough of a reason for Hyungwon to pull himself together tonight, I don't know what is." At this point, I'm now lying on my side, clutching my stomach. I shut my eyes, and, somehow, this helps the nausea considerably.

"Hyungwon, did you actually sleep with Hoseok?" Jooheon inquires but I'm so sick to my stomach, I can barely formulate a response. "Oh, he fell asleep. Better asleep than sick, I guess. Do you think he did?"

"Sleep with Hoseok? I mean, it's hard to say? They're both good looking guys, so they probably took one look at each other and went 'alright, let's go'." Without much warning, Minhyuk turns a corner and the cups in the shopping bag next to me slam against the car door with a loud 'thud'. "I also can't imagine where they could've possibly met? I mean, Hoseok is friends with Changkyun and we run into him a lot at parties."

"I wonder how Hyungwon would even react to Hoseok? From what Changkyun tells me, Hoseok is very upfront and doesn't wait very long before making a move; he can be pretty aggressive and direct apparently. I can't imagine Hyungwon taking that very well."

Minhyuk laughs. "Hyungwon, you may be very handsome, but you're always so awkward when it comes to these things - our handsome awkward turtle."

I hear Jooheon yawn. "Come to think of it, Hyungwon's been dipping out on some of our plans recently," In my defense, I've been swamped with orders at work. There has been a significant amount of bouquet orders recently and the shop is significantly understaffed - flowers would grow and care for themselves! Not to mention some brides go crazy about this sort of thing. I can only imagine how awful it would be doing their cakes. Yikes . "Which he never does. Hyungwon is always there."

That is true, but it is also very much true these two drag me out of my own home whenever they want to do something, so it's not as though I've willingly been present for every single hang out.