1

I sat in my seat in Mr. Matthews class next to Nathan. " I hope he shows up this time." I whisper to Nathan. Mr. Matthews had been absent everyday this week. It was so unlike him. Cory Matthews walked into the room moments later, a huge stack of papers in his hands.

" Today I'm going to do something different. We're going more into depth on certain periods in time. I'm going to be putting you in pairs." Mr. Matthews stated.

" Peaches." Riley called.

" Riles." Maya repeats.

" Always." I whisper to Nathan. He laughs causing Maya and Riley to look back at us in curiosity.

" Oops." He whispers to me.

" Boo." I say when they dont stop looking. At me speaking they turn around.

" I said there was something different hapening." Cory stated.

" No Maya?" Riley asked sadley.

" No Maya." I repeat in a statement. Riley looks back at me again. " She has a starting problem." I whisper to my best friend. We both chuckle.

" Then who are are our partners, sir?" Lucas Friar asked from behind his girlfriend, Maya.

" Thank you, Mr. Friar." Cory tells him. " Nathen Owens, come here please." Cory orders politely. Nathen look at me, both of us confused. Nathan stands, walking swiftly to Corey in the front. " Mr. Owens who is usually your partner for assignments?"

" Parker." He replies with his hands in his pockets.

" Who?" Riley asked her friends.

" The girl who sista in the back of the class." Farkle tells his girlfriend. Riley looks at me again making me uncomfortable.

" Lucas you will be working with Mr. Owens." Cory states. Nathan's jaw gaped open in shock aswell as mine.

" But Mr. Matthew's-" Cory cuts me off.

" Riley you'll be working with Parker." Mr. Matthews continued to give each of us partners. " Now, I'd like you to sit with your partners." Everyone moved to sit with their partners. Riley skipping to the back of the class and sitting next to me.

" Hi, I'm-" I cut of her happy voice with my low derpy one.

" Your Riley Matthews. Yeah, I know." I state before Cory clears his throat.

" Now, Lucas and Nathan I want you to go more into depth on the act to abolish slavery. Parker and Riley I want you to focus on the middle ages in europe." Matthews stated, then gave the other groups their subjects. " In two weeks well be giving a the speech. Class dismissed." He finished. I grabbed my stuff and rushed out of the room to english. We were starting The Grate Gatsby. I sat in my seat and waited for Nathan. He walked in with Lucas, probably talking about their project. They did the Bro hand shake and parted ways. Nathan sat next to me and I looked at him with a knowing look.

" New friend?" I ask as I take out my copy of the book and my english notebook.

" We have alot in common." He stated. I stopped searching for my pencil and looked at him oddly.

" What ever." I state finally finding my pencil. Lucas and Nathan had nothing in common. The teacher enters and tells us to start reading and to take notes on the book. I began to read and jotted down notes as I did. A piece of paper landed on my dest. I looked to Nathan who smiled. ' Lucas offered me a seat at his table. I said I'd sit with them.' It read.
' Okay.' I wrote on the paper and tossed it back. I didn't care, really. I was just shocked. He always talked about hating popularity, but now he's sitting with the most popular kids in school. The bell rang and I shoved everything in it. I slung my bag over my shoulder and rushed to the cafeteria. I hot my food, smiling at the lunch lady.

" How are you, Parker?" She asked.

" Amazing, you?" I ask back.

" Great." She smiled back. I walked away and to my usual table, in the corner of the room away from everyone else. I sat my tray down and pulled out my Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows book. The creek of the chair across from me and the others around me scared me slightly. I put my book down and did a double take. Riley, Maya, Smakle, Zay, Lucas, and Farkle sat around me. And Nathan.

" What the hell?" I ask, shocked.

" Sup, Parker." Zay greets, smiling slightly.

" Uh, Nathan, what's happening?" I ask as I turn to look at him.

" Riley told them they were sitting here today. So, I followed." Nathen stated.

" Why didn't we know you before?" Riley asked causing me to look at her. " Either of you." She adds.

" You thought the world revolved around you. Thought it was just you six." I answer, putting my book away.

" Your not leaving." Nathan stated knowing me all to well. I sigh and drop my bag.

" Why would you want to leave?" Riley asked unsure. " We're all great." She smiles looking at her friends.

" Riley, your just to much for some people." Maya tells her. Riley looks unfazed.

" But I'm nice." Riley stated.

" Too nice." I stated and stood. I walked away to the people calling my name. The rest of the day my mouth didn't move. I went home, Nathan going to the library to work with Lucas. I open the door and see the twins on the couch and Lynn in the kitchen.

" How was school?" Lynn ask as she finished the dishes.

" It was... different." I state with a pause.

" Did you meet a boy?" Brittany asked. She and Georgie looked up at me, Britt's white dressed ruffled and Georgie's jeans creased.

" Well, no." I say, unsure.

" A girl?" Georgie asked.

" Riley Matthews. The happiest person on earth." I answer, sitting at the kitchen table.

" Where's Nate?" His mother asked.

" At the library with Lucas." I answer.

" The Texan boy from the first year that was new aswell?" Lynn questioned further. I nod.

" Lynn, did you forget?" Anthony asked as he exited the bathroom.

" Uh, okay." Lynn whispered. " Your father Is looking for you, Parker." She says looking at me. I look at her in both shock and confusion.

" What?" I ask in a quiet voice. I didn't think my father knew I existed. Little lone did I think he was looking for me.