c h a p t e r 2 9

third

"I have never been so happy," Betty groaned as she threw her head back in the student lounge couch

"I have never been so happy," Betty groaned as she threw her head back in the student lounge couch. Jughead pulled her closer as he smirked at the girl with the blonde pony tail.

"It's finally prom weekend!" Kevin geeked, leaning forward as he tossed his coffee cup away. "Who's getting laid? Archie - def you my man!"

"No, Veronica and I are waiting. We want it to be special," he spoke honestly, squeezing Veronica's shoulder. She leaned her head against him, a smile on her lips.

"That's honestly really sweet, I love it." Kevin smiled before turning to glance at Moose and Fangs. He had a crush on them both, but Fangs was dating a fellow serpent. The bell rang once more signifying the end of the day. They all left their seats, Veronica snatched her purse as she held tight on to Archie's hand. They waved goodbye to their friends and walked towards the sidewalk. Veronica continued to speak of their prom plans, Archie just listened. He really couldn't wait to see Veronica in her dress. Of course she hasn't shown him anything yet, she's kept her outfit a secret from everyone except Betty.

"I was thinking, after prom, you and I could go to that cabin. Only if that's okay with you?" she asked as she held tight to Archie's hand. She continued to ramble on, "I was just thinking it'd be really special and —"

He connected their lips together for a moment, causing her to shush. He left her lips, his free hand gripping her cheek. "That sounds perfect, Ronnie. I would absolutely love that, do you need help getting it ready?"

"Good, great. I have it under control don't worry," she smirked as she tugged him along the sidewalk. She cuddled close to his arm as they walked down the street together. "What are your plans for tonight?"

"My dad and I have plans to stay in all night - unless you wanted to do something or if you wanted to join us?" he questioned, glancing down to the petite girl next to him.

"No thank you, I know Fred and you. That whole night would include watching football whether it's film or football movies. No offense but I am clueless when it comes to football. I will get the cabin ready tonight, then self-care routine. I have to look my best since it's prom weekend," she stated, pecking his cheek as he swung open the Pembrook door for her.

"Baby, you don't even have to try. You always look your best, always so gorgeous." Archie bit his lip as Veronica dragged him towards the elevator. She giggled, rolling her chocolate eyes.

"You are insane," she commented as the elevator took them up to her floor. Hiram stood by the fireplace, his phone in hand. He was a busy man, taking calls left and right. "Hi daddy!"

"Hi sweetie, hello Archie. It's a pleasure to see you again," Hiram said, accepting a kiss on the cheek from Veronica. Archie nodded towards him.

"Hello Hiram, nice to see you too. I was just making sure Ronnie got home safe," he smiled as Veronica grabbed tightly on to his hand. He brought his lips to her forehead, giving her a small kiss.

"Thank you for that Archie. I'm excited to see you two at Prom, you'll both look dashing." Hiram smiled as he sat down on the couch, his eyes locked on the two.

"Veronica will definitely look stunning, as always." Archie was a young boy in love. He couldn't imagine his life without Veronica.

"Would you like to stay for dinner Archie?" Hiram asked, glancing at his watch.

"I would love to, but my dad is expecting me home for some bonding time. I'll see you on prom day Hiram," Archie gave him one last smile as Veronica led him out the door. They waited for a moment in the hallway, sharing slow intimate kisses. No matter how small the gesture is, they always melted underneath each other's grasps. "I can't wait to see you at prom, you are going to look so beautiful."

"Archiekins, you have no idea how brilliant we will both look together. You got the tux I ordered I'm guessing?" She asked, a simple smirk was playing against her lips as her fingers traced his collar. He nodded, unable to find words. "I am going to look stunning and you are going to look so handsome. I'm excited, this is our last dance together before college!"

"I am also excited my love, let's make it the most memorable." He left the Pembrook after receiving multiple kisses and whimpers about him leaving from his lover. He smiled as he walked back to his home, his father was waiting on the couch with their favorite movies scattered around. "Hey dad!"

"Hey Arch, how was your day?" he asked as Archie plopped down on the couch beside him. Archie ran his fingers through his messy red hair as he sighed. His face crinkled as he began to ponder. He had a tough decision coming up. "What's on your mind? I know that look."

"I leave for training on Monday, after prom," he spoke without knowing what else to say.

"I know son, that's great!" Fred exclaimed, turning towards him. Something about Archie's look was off though.

"I haven't told Veronica. I - I don't know what's holding me back," he stuttered glancing over at his father. He didn't know how to tell her, or when. He wanted to find the right time to do it.

"Do you love Veronica?" Fred asked, taking a glimpse at his son. He remembered what he was like back in high school. He had also fallen for a Lodge woman except she chose money over love. Fred didn't see this happening to Veronica, she was so different when it came to her heart.

"Yes of course, with all my heart." Archie needed to tell her before anyone else found out.

"Do you see yourself marrying her?" Fred inquired, attempting to get his son to realize he can't let Veronica get away.

"I do, I really do. I'm going to tell her on prom night, we're staying at the cabin." Archie's lips grew into a large smile as Fred patted him on the back.

"Don't do anything stupid," he advised, a deep chuckle escaping his mouth. "Now let's watch a movie."

The fireplace was cackling as Veronica danced around the living space of the cabin. Her hair was tied into a ponytail and she wore Archie's sweatshirt as a dress. She was hanging up lights all around the home and tossing blankets into extra, decorative baskets. She laid out two mugs with hot cocoa mix on a metal tray which laid upon the ottoman. She sighed, sitting down on the couch, glancing around the room. Everything looked beautiful and she was so excited to share it with Archie.

+ + +
so incredibly sorry this took forever to write
these chapters are going to be kind of slow but i have big plans for this book i promise !
also i'm so sad at riverdale ;( like it's not even that good anymore since archie and veronica broke up, i feel like veggie is so forced and so not good. i just want my babies back #varchieforever

thank you all so much
i love y'all
bye vixens
-xoxo