KIDDY PARTY

◇◇◇
Jasmine does find Klaus at her house pacing around as she fusses with her kids getting them ready for their day out. Over time Jasmine finds herself getting close with Klaus.

"My siblings and I are the first vampires in all of history, the Originals. We helped build New Orleans. Now we have returned to find the city has a new king, one who rules with the aid of a powerful girl. They have taken possession of my brother Elijah. A coven of witches want this girl for themselves. The seek to enlist my help, using my unborn child as leverage, though I suspect they have ulterior motives. So I've made a plan of my own. I will free my brother and reclaim the city for our family. Then I will be King." He looked at Jayne who he just winked at. "Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants, to satisfy hunger even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world."

"Klaus! Just stop being morbid for once in your life and focus on the positive. You have a sister who is willing to do almost anything for you. A brother who cares. A child on the way."

"I enjoy your company Jasmine, and I sense you have the capacity for understanding also challenging for someone of my complexity." She rolled her eyes at him, due to the fact he has ignored the majority of what was said. "You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her. He thought it might redeem me. Trouble is, I've since learned of another young women, a girl really, one with vast potential, held in captivity by a tyrant. I want to help both of these women Protect one and free the other. So tell me, Jason, does that sound evil to you?" Klaus looked at the boy who was eating toast.

Jason shrugged. "Not really." He answered.

"Lucky for you, I don't believe in evil. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone professionally. I don't know like a therapist." She said standing up from tying Jason's shoelace.

"I think I prefer to talk to you, so I'm going to offer you a job as my stenographer." That is when the twins found themselves engrossed in the conversation.

"As her manager I need to know if she's getting paid and how much."

"10 dollars per page."

"15." Jayne quickly added.

"12."

"9!" Jason called out.

"Deal." Klaus said making Jayne groan.

"You are supposed to go up dumbass!"

"No swearing."

"You do it." Jayne retorted.

"Do as I say. Not as I do." She patted her smart-arse daughter on the cheek.

"Anyway... I want a 5% cut of what she gets."

"I want 5% too because I am the man of the house." He said.