Lady K

A story By Chris and Anita Brown (all rights reserved) written 12/25/2018 Christmas Night

Lady K." Purely Fiction, No animals or people were hurt in this story Open Novella (ONC entry) #oncnovella2019 

Mira parked her car down the street next to the drug store. She sat motionless looking out the rear and side mirrors, she gazed at her Rolex, He was 15 minutes late, his plane was supposed to land in Miami at noontime, she hated when they were late, Mira picked up her cell. held it in her hand for ten more minutes, she eyed the rear view mirror again, when they were late, it usually meant she would have a problem, Mira leaned over, opened her glove compartment and took out the revolver, and the knife, Mira put the knife in the holder on the side of her body, and buttoned her Coat, she placed the gun on her right side pocket of the door, she had another handy weapon in her ankle boot. She put on her leather gloves and checked her watch. Headlights appeared in the rearview mirror, blinding her for a moment. Mira put her hand on the side pocket of the door and waited.

Fritz got off the plane and walked to the train station, His dark Brown leather briefcase was filled with ten thousand dollars, that's all he could travel with safely without being detained at the airport, Fritz checked the lock on the case to make sure it was locked securely, he waited and an extra ten minutes for his contact to arrive, when he saw the black limo arrive he got right in, the driver handed him the black envelope , the contents inside were precious, he reached for something else with his hand still in the back of the seat, the driver let the electric window down more to accommodate the size of the package, Fritz opened the briefcase and placed the package inside and closed it. The driver was always on time, Fritz never had to question him about anything after Twenty minutes later they pulled up behind Mira she was never in the same car, and the vehicle she drove was always new with a dealer advertisement plate, always luxury. Edmond pulled right behind her, Fritz put one hand on the case and the other on the door. He stepped out of the limo and went to the passenger's side of Mira's car, he announced he was clean, she let the window down, "asked Fritz if they needed to talk, Fritz "said No, its all in the case, "Mira "said give me fifteen before you pull off, Fritz looked at her, "what do you mean? I mean the usual. Fritz told her he was tired. She looked him up and down and put her on the side door again, Fritz held both hands up in the air, and walked away, Mira waited until he was in his car she started the Jag and drove off,

Fritz got back in the Limo, and told Edmond, the usual fifteen minutes, they waited in silence, neither saying a word, Edmond checked his cell phone, "one text message... call me when the package is delivered, and I know about the fifteen. Fritz checked his watch. Ten more minutes, he sat back on the Limo seat opened the bar and poured a stiff one. Time went by slow, finally, Edmond started the engine and headed the airport.

Mira threw the case in the back seat checking the rearview mirror, of course, she wasn't followed they knew better, Mira was the best of the best, but you could never be too careful, even though she dealt with this carrier for years. As soon as she got to the dock she parked and ran the case to the fifth floor, the light in the dining room was left on as usual and the trip wire was still in place. Mira placed the briefcase in the safe and closed it, she looked around the place, then left again, when she got back to the car she looked at it and kissed the top of it, Baby, you are a smooth ride, I almost fell in love with you, Mira got in the driver's seat, she put her seat belt on, it felt nice and tight, Mira drove for an hour to the normal spot, as a rule when she got to the area, she got out she wished she could keep this one, the car was a dream car, but cars in her life came and went with the job. Mira knew it was a bad idea to try and keep it, she went to the trunk retrieved the canister looked over at the Mustang waiting for her she opened the canister poured the contents on the inside of the car, the liquid rolled down the sides of the seats once the can was empty, she walked  over to the mustang and put it in the trunk, Mira walked back over to the Jag, looked at it and shook her head, she struck the wooden match and the Jag was up in flames, Mira walked back to the Mustang and was on her way down the highway, Mira parked the car five minutes away from her place and walked the rest of the way, when she got home she took the stairs instead of the elevator, she ran up the five flights, unlocked the door, took the trip wire down, showered, and checked the case, as expected, Perfect twenty thousand plus, ten thousand more dollars for a bonus, another ten thousand in the case and ten in the blue pack. and the documents she needed to complete the job.