What!?

"...Think anyone will notice?"

Cody stared at the robotic dinosaur they'd just returned to the museum, though it was currently lying on its back in a frantic struggling position, just like it had the night before. "...Nah." He replied to his older brother Graham's question.

Yesterday had been the biggest adventure of his life. First, his family had been given new state-of-the-art tech in the form of emergency vehicles that could transform into robots on command, then he'd discovered that they weren't robots at all, but rather aliens from another planet! He'd made it his job to teach them about their new home, starting with how they would need to act around humans to keep their cover. That lesson had been cut short however, when one of the new robotic dinosaurs at the museum had malfunctioned and gone rampaging through the town.

It had taken some outside assistance from his best friend Frankie, a borrowed prison cell and a mudslide to corral and shut down the rogue machine, but now it was back where it belonged; in the museum, offline and in no danger of going crazy again.

"Mission accomplished..." Dani mumbled, followed by a yawn. "That was an adventure..."

Cody grinned a little. "You have no idea..." He whispered.

The family made their way back outside, where the early morning sunlight was finally over the horizon.

"Hold on, I want a picture of my heroes!" Chief Burns announced, holding out a camera.

Cody's smile faded as he moved out of the camera's view and in front of the bots. Everyone but him was a first responder, a hero. But he was too young to-

"All my heroes."

Cody's head perked up again, watching his older siblings wandering over to stand beside him instead...Well, not all of them.

Kade smirked as he crossed his arms in defense. "Come on, Dad. Just because Cody answered one rescue call doesn't mean he's part of the team." He insisted.

"Yes it does..."

They all looked to Kade's bot as it spoke with a deep, gravelly tone, even taking a step forward on it's own and it's visor retracting to reveal a pair of orange glowing optics. "Or we're not."

The bot bent down, making them back up even further as it placed a hand on Cody's shoulder, who hadn't moved an inch and whose smile had reappeared. "Cody is our liaison on this mission, he's the reason we're even giving this place a chance..." It leaned closer to Kade's face, a glare cross it's own. "Are we clear...?"

Kade let out a frightened squeak as his bot moved back into position and dashed to his father's side. "Dad, did that...thing, just talk back to me!?"

"Something's definitely wrong with the robots..." Dani murmured.

"We can't use tech prone to malfunction." Graham insisted.

The Chief placed a hand around his oldest son as he continued to look at the camera. "They're not malfunctioning...They're aliens."

"WHAT!?"

The camera flashed, gaining a picture of Chief smiling, Cody giving a thumbs up, and his three older siblings' shocked reactions to what their father had just announced.

"A-Aliens...!?" Graham stammered, adjusting his glasses that had fallen out of place in his shock.

"Stop messing around, Dad!" Kade complained.

"He's not." Graham's robot responded, his voice deep also, but softer and more gentle. "We are, and always have been, aliens to your planet."

"But we're the only ones who can know about it!" Cody replied. "We have to keep it a secret for the rest of the townsfolk, or else they'll all freak."