Home run?

"Please mommy, pleeeeeeasssse!"

The mother and her son was at the grocery store, picking up the needed items for the week. The boy begged for a pack of sweets at the counter while his mother loaded the counter.

"No Jin. You're dentist has already said you've been getting cavities."

The boy slouches and pouts, "fine."

Behind the two stood another boy with his father.

"Dad, can we get some candy?"

The father nodded, "go ahead Sangwoo, choose what you want."

The other boy walked up to Jin, "what candy do you want?" The smaller between the two shook his head, "oh no, you don't have to do that for me."

Sangwoo shook his head disagreeing with Jin, "but you said you wanted it.."

Jin looked at his mother for approval. She didn't give any.

Jin sighed and shook his head, "I can't, mommy said no..."

Sadly, Sangwoo walked back to his dad, "dad, can I have the snickers?" The boy's father nodded and handed him one.

They paid for the items and headed out to the exit.

But before they left, Sangwoo caught up with Jin, "hey, here's a candy bar. You're really cute and I thought you wanted it!" His father pulled him away and apologized for the disturbance.

Jinsoo on the other hand, stared at the bar with bright eyes.

"Thank you!"

___________

[Kim Jinsoo]

I shut my locker closed, heard in the 'clank' of the latch as it locked. The end of the day has arrive, marking the time of basketball practice.

Jae was waiting at the entrance looking at her phone once more. I made my way to her and tapped her shoulder.

"The new gym right?" I asked, unsure where the game will be taking place.

"Yes, we have to get there early before all the fan girls do." She got a hold of my wrist and dragged me all the way to the gym. We made it to the lobby which was fairly packed.

"There's a five-thousand won entree."

I looked at the price and panicked, "Jae I didn't know these games costed money! I forgot to bring some..."

Jae immediately took ten-thousand won out of her backpack and handed it to the person. "Paying for both correct," the teacher asked.

Jae nodded, zipping her backpack up. The teacher handed us tickets and motioned us to move out of the way. We exited the lobby through doors to the gym.

The gym was big, with the bleachers being quite empty. The mob in the lobby doesn't make sense for the absence of people.

"W-Where is everyone," I asked while taking off my backpack.

"It's practice," Jae stated, "we still have to pay a fee just for watching them shoot hoops. Wow, ripoffs."

I gave her a slight pat on the shoulder, "well that's practically the entire game." I positioned myself to face the player on the court as they got ready for their match.

I so happened to catch Sangwoo which cause him to start heading towards us.

"You actually made it. Who's this?"