Chapter 9: Top Star Life

"Welcome back to Aikatsu Limelight! I'm your lovable host; Idoline!" Hana and her friends sat in their dorm room watching the latest broadcast of the popular show. "Today we'll be highlighting some of the most popular idols from--" she began. There was a momentary pause as a dramatic drumroll lead up to the announcement. "Top Star Academy!" The girls watching cheered with excitement. "Top Star Academy is the most prestigious idol school in Japan and has cultivated some of the most successful idols in recent history. But today, we'll be looking at the first-year students who are already succeeding!" The montage of the academy campus changed to showcase a reel of footage from some of the idol's performances and activities.

"Miyuki, it's you!" Hana pointed out. The reel showed Miyuki's most recent endeavour in becoming a brand ambassador for 'Neon Party'. Footage of her participating in the infamous event known as the 'Neon Party Super Mega Obstacle Course Extravaganza' played.

"Don't show that, I'm still a little sore," Miyuki shouted at the screen while the other girls giggled.

"Miyuki Jorutta is a pop-type idol and is the newest brand representative for 'Neon Party'. Miyuki has been participating in many different idol activities but her most recent performance has captured the hearts of many fans and pushed her into the 67th position on the Aikatsu Ranking, making her the highest ranked first-year in her cohort. The last scene showed Miyuki performing the Special Appeal, 'Glowing Cheer'.

"That was a wonderful stage," Akira commended. Suddenly, the montage transitioned into showcasing Akira herself. The footage showed Akira posing at fashion shows and for magazine covers.

"Coming in at the 68th position is the gorgeous beauty; Akira Toyaku, a sexy-type idol. Akira dazzles her fans with her charm and style whilst also remaining down to earth. She's a radiant beauty."

"I'm really not," Akira blushed out of embarrassment.

"Aww, that's such a compliment though," Tori explained. The girls continued to watch as the show displayed footage of Akira's performance at her brand ambassador debut where she performed 'Stage Girls!' on the 'Glitzy Fashion Stage'. Like Miyuki's montage, the footage ended after showing Akira perform her Special Appeal; 'Spotlight Strut'.

"These two idols are paving the way for their fellow peers, we can't wait to see more," Idoline stated as the segment ended. "That's all for today, tune in next time!" The show's credits rolled as the girls applauded.

"Way to go guys, you were featured," Hana commended.

"Yeah, congratulations," Tori added. Akira and Miyuki blushed at their praise.

"Thanks, but you don't have to be so formal," Akira explained.

"Yeah, we're all working hard to be the very best, it's not just us 'paving the way'," Miyuki stated. Hana and Tori giggled at their friends' rebuttal.

"We know, but you guys are the top students in our cohort and you're neck in neck in the Aikatsu Ranking. It's only natural that you two would be seen as the ones to watch," Tori mentioned. Akira and Miyuki couldn't deny that they were achieving a higher level of success than their other peers, yet still it felt weird for them to be isolated as the two frontrunners.

"I guess you're right," Akira sighed, Miyuki agreed as well.

"But you won't hold onto it for long," Hana exclaimed. "I'm definitely going to get better and I'll catch up!" This made all the girls laugh and forget the tension. They continued chatting away throughout the night, watching some of their senior idol's performances for reference and managed to even study as well. After a couple of hours, the girls said their goodnights and returned to their respective rooms.