Chapter 24

Stella POV

"Good morning," Flora and Aisha smile brightly as I groggily force myself into the kitchen.

"Morning," I replied, downing a cold glass of water to try and wake myself up.

"Get dressed, we're taking the pets out for a long walk and it's a little but cold outside, so wrap up warm," Flora warns and I nod wordlessly, dragging myself back upstairs to Bloom's spare room which had all of our bags in them.

It was an unspoken rule that we would be staying here together, so we had to adapt the place to fit us all. A few of us slept in sleeping bags upstairs in Bloom's room, and some on the couches and in sleeping bags downstairs. During the day we kept our sleeping bags in a pile in Bloom's closet and our bags in the spare room were neatly stored away to ensure cleanness.

Bloom brought one of her outdoor tables inside and added it to the end of the dining table and threw a few table covers, getting some spare fold-away chairs from a nearby supermarket. Bloom and Sky actually had quite a large house now I had been in it when there was just a few of us, when all seven of us had initially arrived it seemed small, but we were adjusting to it.

We all found a sense of comfort under the same roof.

After getting dressed, I head downstairs and help Flora and Aisha prepare for the walk. I never really enjoyed walking, and I still don't completely love it, but it was nice to get out for a while.

"Come on!" I motion for the pets to go outside, and the three of us walk through the house and out of the front driveway. We never had the pets on leashes, they were very well-behaved and could walk near us responsibly.

Flora, while walking alone with the pets, had said she found an interesting nature trail not too far away from the house, so she took us in the direction she had previously went in.

Tecna and Musa went to the shop, again, as there were apparently a few specific customer deliveries that Musa was assigned and I think Tecna just wanted to come along for something to o.

The three of us continue to walk and talk about old times on Earth, our boots squelching in the mud.

"I can't believe how far we've come from first opening up the shop," Flora shakes her head, "-and we actually bought houses here!"

"Yeah," Aisha nods, "but I still miss home. You know, home  home."

"I miss Solaria," I frown, "I know we lived at Alfea, so technically we were away from home then but it's was so much different to permanently move to Earth than being in Magix."

"I know, I'm not sure if I prefer it or not," Flora shrugs.

"Well, when we find the guys we can ask what they think," Aisha says confidently, though it makes me sad to think about Brandon.

"How are we going to find them if we can't even use magic? We don't have any contact with Miss Faragonda or the Magic Dimension! We're in hiding," I frown again.

"We don't have any other option, Stella, we've been over this," Flora says as she helps me over a slippery part of the mud, "we have dealt with this problem on our own for too long. It's the leaders' job to take care of them. Besides, with everyone that got sick back at Alfea I felt my magic weaken too. We're in no state to fight."

"I still don't get it," I kick the ground as we stop for a little break, "how they got out. We make sure they don't have magic, are in the most secure prison in the entire universe, literally frozen solid and have no connection to the outside world or each other."

"Evil people always seem to find a way out," Aisha laughs, "it's as if they're doing it on purpose. Like this is all just a TV show and we're being filmed secretly and everyone is just trying to mess with us."

"I wish," Flora laughs too, "I'd love to hear that Ogron is an actor from a far away dimension hired by Miss Faragonda to test us."

"Don't give me ideas!" I jokingly cover my ears, "Miss Faragonda has always been a shady woman!"

We all laugh. Aisha folds her arms, "hey, when this is all over we should totally tell the Headmistress that idea and get her to scare the others."

"No, I'd feel awful," Flora says, but giggles.

"Dragon Flame!" I mockingly prance around, arms bent above my head, imitating Bloom, causing Aisha and Flora to burst into fits of laughter. Even the pets seem sort of amused.

"I'm sure she'd love to hear about that one," Aisha teasingly holds up her phone, threatening to record me.

"She's my best friend, I'm allowed," I wink.

We continue our walk and take a few pictures, vowing to bring everyone with us another time. We continue to talk about "the old days", which makes us sound extremely old, but it was fun. I missed going to school at Alfea, but at least we were welcome to teach whenever and Miss Faragonda gave us permanent rooms in the teacher's area.

I also thought about living on Earth, do I want to go back to Solaria? I'll have to one day- I'm the heir to the throne and a guardian, I can't just abandon that. I miss dad, too. Would Brandon want to go with me?

Of course, if we all moved back to our home planets we'd see a lot less of each other, but I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

"What's wrong, Stella?" Flora asks, sensing my sudden change in mood.

"I'm just thinking about the future, I just don't want to lose contact with any of you. You know, cause we'll all have to go home at some point. We've spent a few years here and it's been great, but we all know it can't be forever."

"You're right, it's can't," the two girls put their arms around my shoulders as Aisha speaks, "so that's why we have to enjoy it now. We might be hiding, but we have to have to make the most of it."

"Yeah," Flora adds, "and when the guys come back we'll have a great time off, we can stay here for a bit and not worry about any of that before we decide."

I smile, thanking the two girls, "well, whatever happens, I'll be ready."