Some Girls

"Nice to meet you Steven!" Raff smirked shaking his hand

"So, you guys coming?"

"Yea, but there's just one small thing we forgot to mention."

***

"You can stop touching my hair now Dani."

"Are you sure you don't want me to fix it?" The girl nagged

***

"I'll take a pack of Marlboro reds." Steven pointed towards the shiny red box of cigarettes on display behind the counter. "Anyone want anything?"

Kaz quickly set down a bottle of Nesquik chocolate milk, her favorite. "Wait up, I'm taking these." Raff motioned holding up a pack of gummy bears and throwing them towards Kaz, the blonde effortlessly caught the plastic pack filled with gummy candys placing them on the counter.

"We're good." Hera replies, Dani and her in the back corner flipping through an issue of Hit Parader magazine, "Mötley Crüe Exclusive." She read.

"Dive in as Mötley Crüe speaks upon their new album 'Theatre of pain'... hmm cool!"

"You guys sell vintage magazines?!" Hera wondered beaming with delight.

"Vintage? We just got that issue on the shelves yesterday."

"It's says it was published in 1985."

"Hate to break it to you sweet heart, but it's 1985 ."

"Last time I checked it was 2020." Kaz asserted

"2020? I oughta be dead by then." the man joked.

"Well if it's really 1985, prove it to me."

"See, June 1st 1985." the cashier confirmed pointing it out on a newspaper sitting next to the cash register.

"What?..." the group of girls stood huddled up staring blankly at the paper in confusion.

***

"So, what was that back there?" Questioned Steven as he light up the cigarette between his fingers taking a hit, and inhaling the nicotine filled smoke into his lungs.

"Um, I think we might have just traveled back in time." Kaz puzzled,

"You're bluffing." Steven spoke questioning it himself.