Pg.8

GeeOnce I woke up in the morning I had a crazy headache, I got up and went to use the bathroom washed my face brushed my teeth and shit and headed downstairs to the kitchen to get some food

Gee
Once I woke up in the morning I had a crazy headache, I got up and went to use the bathroom washed my face brushed my teeth and shit and headed downstairs to the kitchen to get some food.

I made me a few pieces of toast and had a glass of orange juice, while I'm sitting down watching espn my phone rings and it happens to be Shay.

" Wassup" I answered dryly ,

" The results came back and she's yours Gee"

" Aight , I'ma come through in a little bit to see for myself and to talk about how we're gonna handle this, split time holidays even me getting to know her and bond type shit" I replied, " What's her name?"

" Her name is Gia" she answered,

I told her I was getting ready and I'd be there soon before hanging up.
This shit was crazy, Skye, Landon and Jaylyn were all still sleep so I could just slide out and be back in.

I quickly showered threw on sweat pants and a white polo tee with a grey zip up hoodie and my white and black 11's , I kissed Skye on her forehead then grabbed my keys from the key holder and made my way to talk with Shay, I smoked a blunt of the way there to ease my nerves and calm myself down.

Once I arrived I seen a beautiful little girl playing with barbies in the living room cartoons were playing on a flat screen and the condo smelled like cinnamon spice or some shit Shay told me to come in the kitchen, we sat right across from one another at a round circle shaped table .

"Here's the papers" she said sliding them in front of me, I looked down to read and seen that I was 99.9% the father of Gia.

All of a sudden this warm feeling came over me and a nigga had a moment of sensitivity, my eyes teared up and that feeling left and was replaced by anger.

" Why would you keep her from me for so long? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her trying my hardest not to yell

" It's complicated Gee but I know I'm wrong ok and I'm sorry"
she said holding her head down, she had some explaining today I had the time for it right now, finding out I have a five year old I know nothing about , knowing I missed all that damn time out of her life oh yeah she had to explain.

"I ain't tryna hear that Shay, let me know wassup"
..........................................................................

Shay:I know Gee wanted to know why I kept my pregnancy a secret and why I never told him about Gia but he won't understand, it's not like I wanted too but when we broke up I didn't even know I was pregnant than I started dating a guy named Tate wh...

Shay:
I know Gee wanted to know why I kept my pregnancy a secret and why I never told him about Gia but he won't understand, it's not like I wanted too but when we broke up I didn't even know I was pregnant than I started dating a guy named Tate who wouldn't let me contact Gee for many different reasons of his own.

But I finally got away and moved back home with the help of my mommy and daddy.. Gia is five soon to be six and she's been asking about her dad and I just want Gee in her life.

" I ain't tryna hear that shit Shay so lemme know wasasup" he replied looking me dead in my eye,

I didn't wanna tell him about shit or my reasons why I just wanted to get this part over with.

" We were already broken up by the time I found out I was pregnant , I didn't want any stress or issues during my pregnancy so I kept it to myself, close friends and parents then I started dating Tate-"
I was cut off by him,

" Tate? I hope you not talking bout that weird ass nigga Tate Stevens" he stated rubbing the top of his head ...

" Ye- Yeah him"

" I know you not telling me you had baby girl around this nigga" he said angrily, I shook my head and proceeded with the story.

" I started dating Tate and he became controlling and just mean, when he found out Gia was yours he became even more pissed towards me and started to abuse me physically and verbally and wouldn't let me have any contact with you, he moved me to Florida with him and I'm just getting back thanks to my parents" I expressed to him I just let it all out, tears started to fall down my cheeks.

"Damn Shay I'm sorry you had to go through all that, and then with my daughter yo, I just wish you would have told me" he said rubbing my hand.

" Mommy can I have something to drink please" Gia asked as she twirled into the kitchen, she froze up when she seen Gee standing there,

" Umm who's this guy mommy?" She asked pointing at him,

"Drink your juice princess and I'll be in there to answer your question in a second baby" I told her passing her a small cup of lemonade.

I looked over at Gee stare at her walk out his eyes had this spark in them, it was kind of unexplainable.

" I really have a child, a daughter, another life to care for to raise" he said as he ran his hand across his face. " She's so beautiful I swear on everything I will not miss anymore time" he stated.

" Gia this is Gee, he's....he's your dad baby"
I told her she looked at me and than at him,

" So your Gee and I'm Gia, that's like boy version and the girl version " she said pointing at herself , Gee smiled as he sat on the floor to play with her it made my heart warm.

All I wanted was for Gia to have her father and for him to love and cherish her because soon mommy would have to go...