Requested Prompt - Uhtred - 7 'oh dont worry, this isnt my blood'

On a role girls...

-----------------

It was his own fault. Atleast, that's what you told yourself as you walked back into the castle border.
You had told Uhtred a million times that you didn't want to spar with him. Not because you couldn't be bothered and not because you couldn't fight. No, you didn't want to spar with him, because you knew he wouldn't beat you. Part of you wanted to save his pride, but part of you wanted people to keep you in the same bubble they'd always kept you in - that you were a young girl who couldn't protect herself.
Evidently, Uhtred wouldn't take no for an answer and so at dawn, you'd awoken, taken your sword and gone into the forest with him. Uhtred mocked you along the way, feigning that you were too innocent and asking jestly if you knew which end of the sword to hold. You rolled your eyes and tried to ignore him.
When you came across a clearing with enough space, you took your place and readied your stance. Uhtred quirked a brow, smirking before taking his own stance.
'So we will start with..' as soon as he began talking, you lunged at him, using his distraction to your advantage. He quickly blocked you and his brows rose to his hair line. You grinned mischievously. Uhtred tried to lunge back but you moved at the last second, leaving him to dive past you, almost falling to the ground. You turn quickly and place your sword on his shoulder to indicate that you had gotten him in a predicament. He shrugs off your sword and stands, turning to you. Swords clashed and you used your footing to trip Uhtred over on multiple occasions. As the day went on, Uhtred grew more and more agitated.
'I didn't expect you to fight so well' he hissed, standing back up and twirling his sword.
'I didn't expect you to fight so terribly' you retort, ducking out of his line of attack and spinning to stand behind him. He throws his sword to the ground, holding his hands up in defence.
'If I am such a terrible fight, how is it that I have yet to sustain injury?' He questioned, hands still high in surrender. His choice of words deeply angered you and you lashed out before you had time to process your actions. You dropped your sword and ran forwards, tackling Uhtred to the ground and straddling his waist. Your fist collides with the side of his face and his neck snaps sideways against the blow. Once he'd recovered from the shock, he gripped your hands to stop you hitting him again and pushed you off him causing you to tumble backwards and land on your backside. You feel the heat in your face as you glare at him.
'How dare you!' You yell, standing, dusting yourself off and turning, marching back through the forest. Hild spots you at the gate and rushes over when she realises you're in distress.
'What is that?' She exclaims, pointing to your bloody knuckles.
'Oh, don't worry, this isn't my blood' you spit, brushing past her. You hear the footsteps as Uhtred runs up behind you.
'I'm sorry Y/N' he calls when you show no sign of acknowledging him. You storm up the steps and down the corridor, ignoring him for all you're worth. Just as you turn to walk towards the library, you fly backwards after colliding with a strong firm object. You look up to see Uhtred looking down at you, smirk plastered to his face, arms crossed as he leans against the stone wall beside him. You clench your fists and grit your teeth. Swinging your leg out, you swipe across and take his legs from beneath him leaving him in the same position as you. You both look at each other panting.
'I shouldn't have said what I did' he breaths and you shake your head, avoiding his eyes.
'Do you still underestimate me?' You quip,  looking down as you speak. He laughs softly.
'Oh you beautiful woman, I never once underestimated you' he whispers. You look up, meeting his blue eyes and smile. For the first time, you realise how much damage you had actually done to his face. His cheek bone was a dark purple and blood oozed out of the cut that spread across his jaw. You nod towards him.
'You should get that cleaned up' you point out, standing to your feet when he offers you a hand up. He grins, silently indicating for you to help. You laugh, shaking your head adamantly.
'I make people bleed, I don't clean it up' you say, laughing and walking off down the corridor.
You may have looked young, innocent and pure, but now maybe the men would realise that you were far from it.