An Unexpected Party

'It has to be near here' You thought as you wandered through the serene village known as The Shire. You were trying to find the home of a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins, who is supposed to be joining the adventure to retake the Lonely Mountain from the chefiest and greatest calamity of your time. Smaug. Over 60 years ago he had brought death and destruction to the people who called Dale their home, because of the greed held by a certain King under The Mountain.

You were broken out of your own thoughts as you heard the gentle ring of the carving placed upon what must have been Bilbo's door. You knocked on the door to be greeted by a curly haired, good looking hobbit standing just a little taller than you. He looked awestruck as he gazed at you.

"Good evening" You smiled at him bowing politely.

"Hello,may i ask your name?" He replied smiling.

"Astrid, and you must be Bilbo?" You questioned.

"Yes, that's me,would you like to come in" he asked opening the door to let you in.

"Thank you kindly" you giggled as he politely took your coat to hang. You walked through his small hallway to see 12 dwarves making an utter mess of poor Bilbo's dining room, pantry and hallway.

"I'm going to apologise in advance for their behaviour" you said sighing gently knowing personally what the boys were like.

"They certainly know how to make a mess that's for sure" he replied looking at the state of his hobbit hole.

"I'll help clean it up" you said walking to meet the rest of the dwarves.

"Oh that's not necessary" he replied sweetly giving you a shy smile.

"It's the least I can do for you after kindly inviting me into your lovely home" you replied looking at him sweetly. He was about to reply before your name was shouted over the room.

"ASTRID!" Kili's voice boomed

"Yes hello everyone" you greeted. You walked in and joined the festivities. After a musical number preformed by the dwarves there was three loud knocks on Bilbo's door.

"He's here" Gandalf stated solemnly.

Bilbo walkedover to the door and opened it once more to find the leader of the company, Thorin Oakenshield, majestically standing there.

"Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice. I wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door." He said whilst entering.

"Mark? There's no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago." Bilbo stated going to check the door

"There is a mark. I put it there myself. Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company Thorin Oakensheild" Gandalf said gesturing toward Thorin.

"So ...this is the Hobbit. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?" Thorin asked whilst walking around Bilbo. The poor soul.
"Pardon me?" He asked confused
"Ax or sword? What's your weapon of choice?"

"Well, I do have some skill at conkers, if you must know... ...but I fail to see why that's relevant" Bilbo replied earning a small smile from you.

"Thought as much. He looks more like a grocer than a burglar" Thorin stated whilst giving Bilbo a dismissive look. You felt sorry for Bilbo, sometimes Thorin could be so cold, although could you blame him. You walked over and put a reassuring hand on Bilbo's shoulder. He looked at you giving a small smile which you returned. You all went and sat back at the table, you and Bilbo standing as there were no seats left.

"What news from the meeting in Ered Luin? Did they all come?"
"Aye. Envoys from all seven kingdoms." Thorin answered

"All of them! And what did the Dwarves of the Iron Hills say? Is Dain with us?"