engagement

Yates went out one early morning to go find an engagement ring without benton since it was suppose to be a surprise.

"Please mike!" begged benton he wanted to go with him where ever yates was going, he was being dramatic and leaning against him "im sorry my love but no its a secret" yates turned and held Benton in his arms holding him close where their noises were touching. Benton pouted "awww please darling I'll pretend that i wasn't there" yates raised an eyebrow "knowing you, john, you can hardly forget a thing and normally would ruin the surprise" Benton sighed "oh alright but you owe me Mike yates" yates smiled kissing his lover "alright we'll go out tonight just you and me" "agreed"

Yates went to an engagement ring store nearby and began to browse until he found the right one for Benton. "Hello sir may i help you?" asked a young female clerk "oh yes! I was looking at that ring right there" he pointed out the ring it was a camo green with gold and black "and you think your boyfriend would love that one?" she giggled, yates nodded "of course he would" she pulled the ring out of the casket and handed it to Yates. He paid for it and left to me his future fiance.

~TIME SKIP~

Yates and Benton went to a nice restaurant for dinner and already made they're order "so Mike what did you do while i was home alone?" Yates almost coughed on his drink, he didn't really think this through of what lie he should come up with "oh, i was talking with the brigadier" Benton smirked raising an eyebrow "talking? With the brigadier? You can't be serious?" Yates chuckled at his own lie "well what did you two talk about?" "we only talked about work" "sounds like fun" Yates took a sip of his drink again "feeling is neutral" Benton chuckled to himself, placing a hand on Yates' and began to rub it with his thumb "i love you, mike" "i love you too, john"

~ANOTHER TIME SKIP CUZ IM LAZY~

After dinner the two were walking around in the cold air with their arms locked with each other.

Benton had his head laid on Yates' shoulder as they talked more about their future. "~should i do it now or miss my chance?~"  thought Yates, Benton frowned "Mike? Love are you ok?" Yates snapped out of his thoughts "hm? Oh! Yes im fine" Benton didn't buy it "Michael,you've been acting strange since we left the restaurant and you keep telling me your fine but you don't look it" well he wasn't wrong Yates did look a little off, but he knew what he had to do. Yates grabbed Benton's hands and he got down on one knee Benton became in shock. "John benton, through my years of living my life was a living hell but until i joined UNIT and i met you everything changed for me. And i want to continue my life with you til the end of our days" he grabbed out the ring "so what im asking is will you marry me?" he became hesitant, would Benton say yes after all this time they'd been together? Benton knelt down with Yates kissing him with tears in his eyes "damn it Mike yates! Yes of course I'll marry you, you bloody dork" Yates placed the ring on Benton's finger. They were finally engaged.

After going home they snuggled up as a newly engaged couple.

~i have nothing to say but oof and i do take requests now~