part one

He stood there, just looking up into the deep black midnight, cigarette in his hand. He never wanted to please anyone, not even himself. The blinding moonlight shined upon his deep brown eyes, a tear trying to find its way out.

Calum Hood had nothing left, no money, no family, just his band. He had dedicated his whole life to this little band from Sydney, even dropping out of school for it. Once his parents heard about him leaving school, they kicked him out.

Kayla's POV ;
I was walking home from school, pretty average, right? I skipped over houses, walking to block for about 30 minutes before reaching my own house and unlocking the door. As soon as I saw my couch, I plopped down on it, comfort surrounding my body. It wasn't long after I laid down that I fell asleep, stress leaving my body, dreams uprising into it, but then..

DING

I heard my phone make a ding meaning that someone either must be messaging me or followed me on my socials.

Friend: I just remembered that there is a frat party tonight 🤧
Kayla: so what? I'm not going to some stupid frat party, I'm not like that.
Friend: But can you pleaseeeee be my designated driver, I'm gonna get turnt and I need someone to watch after me :))
Kayla: fine..

I groaned, wanting nothing to do with my friend or the people at school right now but I guess you gotta experience some things in life. I put on a normal pair of black jeans, a mustard yellow shirt, and a blue denim jacket before picking up my friend and taking her to the party.

The music blasted as lines of young adults stood outside waiting for entrance to the party. I groaned at the sight of my friend getting out of the car and almost falling in those ridiculous heels that she had no idea what so ever how to wear them. She smiled and waved and I did the same thing back before parking at the gas station which was next to the frat house. I was already feeling pretty hungry but I didn't wanna enter the house in fear of being judged by someone and plus, partying just wasn't my cup of tea. I got out of my car and went inside to search for something good to eat.

As I was just about to check out, I spotted a frustrated customer, I would be lying if I didn't think he was attractive! I wanted to walk up to him and ask why he was so annoyed so I did.

"Hello there, sir," I smiled and looked into his deep brown eyes.
"Hi," he spoke in a rush, putting his wallet back in his pocket.
"Is there something wrong? I saw that you looked a little annoyed," I confessed.
"Actually yeah, me and my friends made this stupid bet and I have to pay them back but I'm really hungry," the tall male sighed.
At this point, I really didn't know what to do, I wanted to help him..
"Here, have a ten," I said before handing him the money.
His face lit up with happiness, joy, relief, I smiled softly at his reaction.
"Thank you so much!" He said before smirking and running out of the store, never even paying for his stuff.
"HEY STOP!" The cashier yelled but all the boy did was look back and smile.
All I did was stand there in shock, he seemed like such a sweet guy! I cant believe I fell for that face. As I was still in a trance, I could hear the cashier calling the cops, giving exact details of what he looked like.
"K-Kayla," My friend called
I groaned.

This chapter is super short, probably because lack of preparation but hopefully you enjoyed part one!