Get Out

I fucking hate my life. I glared down at the table I was busing. The crackheads I had served had smeared ketchup all over the table, opened all the sugar packets, and left no tip. It made me want to scream. I supposed I could...the diner was closed, the cook had cleaned kitchen and gone. It was just me to close up. 

"Hey...." A voice I could only describe as moist shook me from my thoughts. I whirled around to find a greasy looking demon with one eye hanging out of the socket panting behind me. I stumbled back into the booth, accidentally sticking my hand in the ketchup. 

"We're closed." I said through gritted teeth. 

"Money..." The demon rasped, stumbling towards me. I scooted back further in the booth, grabbing a dirty fork and holding it out threateningly. 

"Get the fuck out!" I screamed, hoping someone would hear me. The greasy demon pulled a rusty looking blade out of his sleeve, waving it back and forth slowly.

"Money..." He repeated, shambling forward. I scooted back in the booth until I bumped the wall, my ketchup covered hand dragging through the crack head's mess until it touched a picked at plate. I snatched it up and hurled it at the intruder. 

The plate smacked him square in the face. Screeching, he stumbled back, giving me time to crawl out of the booth and dive behind the counter. I grabbed the knife I had been using to cut up lemons and brandished it like a sword.

"I said get the fuck out, shithead!" I screamed again, still ducked behind the counter. The demon laughed, a disgusting wet raspy sound that made my skin crawl. I could hear him shambling around towards my hiding spot. Bracing myself, I clutched the knife tighter. 

All of a sudden, there was a thud and a crash of glass. I sprang up to find a surprising scene. The disgusting would-be thief was half hanging out the front window, covered by broken glass. My rescuer stood before him, a wide psychotic grin spread across his face. He was a tall, lanky demon with deer antlers and dressed in a spotless suit.

"I do believe the lady said to get out." He said, voice sounding like a southern radio host, using his foot to finish pushing the half conscious demon out the window. He fell to the ground with a thud and remained motionless. 

"Th-thank you." I said shakily, still holding onto the knife. The deer demon turned to me, red eyes boring into my soul. 

"Why of course, my dear." He said cheerfully, "I am terribly sorry about the window though."

I shook my head, "I think the insurance will cover it...." My answer made him grin even wider. Walking up with a long, easy gait, he took my hand gripping the knife in his and kissed it. 

"Alastor, at your service." He introduced himself, "And you are...?"

"(Y/N)." I squeaked, very aware of my hand in his. The knife didn't even phase him. His eyes turned back up to mine, a glimmer of amusement dancing in them. 

"(Y/N), it's a pleasure to meet you." He drawled, "Now what is a pretty little thing like you doing all alone?"