Kind of Starstruck

~6 years ago~

"This is the house, right?" A tall, looming man observes a quiet home from the corner of the neighborhood's street.

"Yes. Several of our sources have proven the family are all ghouls." His associate confirms absently from beside him, scrolling through his work tablet.

The man nods, taking one last glance at the unsuspecting home before giving the signal for the Bureau SWAT team to storm the place, "Let's get this over with then."

:{---}:

It was just another day of work. Customers seeping into the shop little by little, all getting drunk for all the wrong reasons.

Seokjin sighs when a group of intoxicated, obnoxious men shout for him to make them another drink. They whoop and slam the counter like children and he honestly feels like eating them to put them out of their misery.

The bartender laughs to himself as he begrudgingly pours cheap alcohol into a couple more shot glasses.

Seokjin already had to deal with so many different types of drunk bastards all in the same night. Earlier in his shift, his manager assigned him to wait tables, but after two barfers and five-too-many gropers, he immediately opted for barkeeper once the next shift employee checked in. And although he's safely behind the bar now, he still has to deal with the alcoholics. The poor server just wanted to cry at this point.

While he's reaching for a new bottle of whiskey, Seokjin hears someone sit behind him and he couldn't help but inwardly groan.

"Can I help you?" The bartender asks dryly, finally getting that stupid bottle from the top shelf. Even with the small ladder and his height, the damn thing was still too high!

The guy behind him makes a humming noise like he didn't hear what Seokjin said, which only pisses the exasperated man off more. Seokjin immediately turns right around to not-so-subtly give the deaf idiot a piece of his mind.

...That was until he took a good look at the man's sharp, handsome features.

Seokjin, in short, melts on the spot.

The man looks up at him bewildered and smiles awkwardly, the sweetest dimples betraying his almost too sexy appearance. The server just wants to climb over the bar and make out with him at this point.

"I-I said, 'Can I ha-help you?'" Seokjin's soul dies.

"Oh, can I have a coffee then, please?" The man's voice is low and just as much of a turn on as his face was. The poor bartender prays the growing blush on his cheeks dies and burns in hell.

"You came a long way for just coffee, why not go to a late night cafe or even a Starbucks?" Though he says this, Seokjin is already on his way to pour coffee into a large mug. He almost wants to laugh at himself when he's gathering the sugar packets and creamers more enthusiastically than any order in his lifetime.

However, when the server leans in to put the coffee mug down, he catches a whiff of the man's scent and flinches the tiniest bit in surprise.

Ah...I see. He's a ghoul. Seokjin realizes calmly.

The man also seems to notice Seokjin's own scent as there was a slight glint in his eyes. "I'm just here for a little late night snack," he replies in amusement, "my favorite restaurant is occupied at the moment."

"Ah, well you're in bad luck. The food here tastes like they've drowned it in alcohol. No surprise." The man snorts into his drink, almost choking on it in the process. Seokjin laughs with him and gives him a few napkins to help him recover.