CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Note: I will be leaving out some parts of the story for special chapters later on. But don't worry, the chapters that I will be leaving out will not affect or change the story itself. Enjoy and brace yourself for the ending!

Today marks exactly a week after their Boston trip. One would thought they'd be happy and settled by now but in all honesty, it has been a hell of a week for them three.

Since the school year is fast approaching, they have been on the hunt for a school for Miguel. It's pre-school, a child's first year of "schooling". And both of them really wants a good fit for Miguel. But on top of that, Miguel has been sick with a fever for a few days now. Matthew and Sam could hardly focus at work, knowing that their child was sick at home. They would call during the day to check on him but it never took the worry away.

Letting go of the house that Sam had in Boston meant that they had to decide where her and Migs would be staying. Right now, they're staying at Matt's--their stuff still in Sam's place--but that's only temporary. His place is not one that you would put three people in.

The only thing that was lock and loaded was Samantha's job. Her colleagues that were still there were more than happy that she was back for good, especially the one and only Jaime Castillo.

However, this meant that time was not in their hands. At this point, both of them were certain that their patience would've ran out already if it weren't for Miguel. Gladly, despite all of this, they always made time to spend with Miguel. Always.

Matthew's secretary peeps her face through the doorway. "Sir Matt, may phone conference daw po kayo with Mr. Lyeong?"

With papers already stacked left and right, he just nods his head.

"I have him on Line 2."

He sighs, "Salamat."

Matthew picks up the phone, "Mr. Lyeong, hi... yes, I am aware of that... Oh, it was probably my dad who was overseeing that but he's currently on leave with my mom... Sir, I'm sorry, did you say Singapore, Hong Kong, and Cebu?"

--------------------------------------------------

He walks in the house and Matthew is exhausted.

He sees Sam already sleeping in the living room recliner.

Somehow, this makes him smile for a bit.

Matthew lowers himself down, looking at Sam's face.

He caresses her cheek, causing her to wake up.

"Hey..."

"Hi," she stretches and stands up, "Tulog na si Migs pero his temp is still a bit high. Ngayon ka lang nakauwi?" She glances at the clock, "It's almost 11. Kumain ka na?"

Matthew smiles apologetically, "H-hindi pa, e. But it's okay, I'm not that hungry."

"Matt, hindi naman pwedeng hindi ka kakain. Baka mamaya m--"

Matthew cuts her off, sighing. "Love, please, pagod ako. Akyat na tayo, please?"

Usually, Sam would insist. But since she's tired herself, she decided to let it go. "Bahala ka, if that's what you want."

They both went upstairs. Matthew was somewhat relieved that Sam didn't pull away when he reached for his hand but he knew that this will turn up in an argument one of these days.