9》wedding day pt. 2

°°°°°°

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 

°°°°°°

"She ripped my dress, Kaydin! How is that in any way okay?" I exclaim quietly to my brother. Even though the rip was fixable, I was still beyond pissed.

"You don't know if she meant it, Gracie. Maybe it was by accident," Kaydin tried to make light of the situation as he always does.

"You should have seen the look on her face. It said it all," I huff. Kaydin subtly links his arm with mine as the wedding song comes on.

"We can talk about this after when we don't have to look like a happy family," He hushed as we slowly moved up in the line. After moving a little bit, it finally hit me and fear crept up on me. I have never even met the rest of their family and here is me and my brother; just injected into this family like a flu shot and at some point, we will just dissolve away and we will be forgotten. Kaydin put on a smile and I did the same while we walked down the aisle. We were the last ones and my eyes made contact with Luke. The emotion on his face was unreadable, but the eye contact didn't break until I had to leave my brother's side and walk next to one of Anne's other bridesmaids.

The service was beautiful but I was still disgusted by the fact that my dad was infesting this family with all these lies about his life. Anne didn't even know about Kaydin and I doubt that she even knew that he had another daughter. All the lies and all the secrets are going to end up getting someone hurt and I'm not going to be that person this time, I won't let myself.

While we were out in the gardens taking photos, I was forced to take a lot of photos with my dad which I wasn't too pleased about. I knew they were simply for bragging purposes on social media. I didn't enjoy having to continuously put on a fake smile, I didn't enjoy that we had to act like a happy family when some of us weren't... happy. But now, being at the reception, I never knew someone could feel so lonely while being surrounded by so many people.

"Are you okay?" I feet a body sit next to me as I watch everyone enjoying themselves on the dance floor. I look to my right and see Calum giving me a small smile.

"Yeah, I just don't dance much," I shrug.

"Um excuse me? You danced like an angel during the group dance!" Calum says.

"That's only because I had to, but I don't do it if I have the choice," I explain. Calum rolls his eyes at me and gets me up out of my seat.

"Calum I don't want to dance," I drag. Calum turns back to me and smiles.

"Well that just sucks doesn't it?" He had some drinks in him and I wasn't in the mood to argue with an intoxicated person. We weave through groups of people dancing around to the upbeat music until we are nearly in the centre of the dance floor.

"Just let yourself feel the music," he gives a sloppy smile and lets the music take over his body as he loosely moves around in his spot. I giggle and try to follow what he says but my heels restrict some of my movements so I keep them small.

"Gracie! Watch this!" Calum called over the loud music and I watch as he begins to move around like an idiot and nearly knocked a girl down. He smiled sheepishly and apologized to her, but soon forgot that he dragged me onto the dance floor and began to flirt with the blonde girl he almost knocked over. I begin to manoeuvre my way out of the - mainly - intoxicated crowd before I am yanked away from my chair that was calling my name.