Not again

The week passes by very quickly and better than I had expected. Having Alexa and Kyle, everyday in class and during lunch breaks has  made me think I can survive this school just fine.

It's Friday and I get home, excited to just sit down with mom, tell her about school, eat , watch Netflix and just sleep. But when I get home I get a note on the fridge, mom saying she's sorry but she's covering the night shift for a friend.

Well shit. There goes my hope for a mother daughter bonding time. I know I should be used to this by now but it never gets easier. Most of the time, my moms schedule changes when we have something planned, but I never complain, because she works so hard to make sure I don't lack anything and I love her so much for that.

I decide to just go get pizza and come back to watch Netflix on my own.
I decide not to order and just go since its about five minutes from my place and I will get to enjoy some cool air. Getting out of the house I see Kyle's evil cousin standing out of their house on the phone. Then all of a sudden..

"Hey"
I know he's talking to me, well I think he's since I don't see anyone else around, but I decide to ignore him.

"Seriously? You and Kyle have much in common than I thought. "
He says and I know he doesn't mean it in a good way, and so I turn around. Time to pull up my big girl pants and show this Jaden I can't just be pushed around too.

"What the hell do you want? "
I say turning around. He smiles, that sinister smile where he thinks everyone else except himself of course, is inferior.

"Can I borrow your car? "
He asks and at first I think he's joking but then I realize he's serious and looks really impatient to go somewhere.Well,well, look at how circumstances change, he wants my help after insulting me.

"And what makes you think I can just give you my car? "
I ask as calmly as possible.

"Why wouldn't you? We are neighbors. "
Is he even serious? What does that even mean?Is it a thing in this place that just because you are neighbors you share everything?

"Am not giving you my car. I wouldn't even dream about it."
I say and he looks dissapointed. Did he think I was just going to hand him the keys to my car. Great, just fucking great. He actually thinks everyone should do what he says.

"Why not?"He asks trying to hide his frustration.

"Oh I don't know. "I tell him.
"Maybe because  one, I don't help people  who call me pathetic. Second, I don't want my car to come back looking as if it was washed in sewage, third, I don't take kindly to people who insult my friends, fourth, I love my car so much to just give it to a stranger, fifth ,I don't want my car being contaminated with your bad vibes. Do you need me to continue ?cause I got a whole list of them. "

I finish and I almost pat myself at the back for how great I am but then he smirks. What the Hell? That was the best thing I had done for myself this whole week.

"You are bearable when you are feisty princess. "
He says, that stupid smirk still on his lips.

"My name is Marissa and I don't care whether you think am bearable or not. "
Am tempted to say, it's Marissa with two S's, but I think maybe not the best approach when trying to be intimidating plus that's just not me.

"Well princess"He begins,
"I think your little boyfriend told you not to give me your car ,because come on, every sane girl would like me to ride in their favourite precious toys. "
He winks. The nerve of this guy.

"Well, maybe you should go and ask those sane girls to lend you their cars. And, Kyle, didn't tell me not to give it to you because noone tells me what to do. And if he had, I would have gladly agreed because I don't like you anyway, and you can go around the globe on foot for all I care. "

"Okay, Princess, am in a good mood so am going to let everything you just said slide. And because am in a good mood, you should know that your little boyfriend has been crying all day in his room. I honestly don't believe we are related. "

"I don't either " I tell him
"Kyle is kind and caring something you obviously have no idea what even those words mean. You know what you should do?"
I say, staring him directly in his eyes, and praying this doesn't backfire on me and he starts smirking or worse he starts planning how he will torture me.

"Get some lessons from Kyle about how to be a gentleman and a decent human being.
You know I think Kyle was right, this is not your home. You should just go back to your own place, where everyone does whatever you say and gives you whatever you want without asking questions.Cause guess what, I don't think this is the place for you. "

I say even without blinking and am so proud of myself .I want for him to say something, more specifically to insult me since he's the king of insults but he doesn't say anything.
Instead, I notice a flash of hurt in his eyes but he quickly covers it up. Now I will take that pat in the back.

Marissa Davis - 10 ,Jaden -0.

Victory feels so good. Except then my stomach  grumbles and I remember where I was heading to before I was unwillingly turned around to talk to Jaden.

I start walking leaving Jaden standing still. What the hell did I say that made him so mad? I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
But why do I even care, he would have said worse to me and not care about what he said. Besides he didn't even apologize for calling me pathetic, we are even now.

He's probably planning how he's going to make me suffer for what I did. So, am just going to go get my pizza, go home and be happy that I stood up to the guy who according to Kyle, gets what he wants, whenever he wants.