Ch.13

I look back swiftly as my long, dark brown hair flows in the wind as I run and Cas follows close behind. I see the bushes up ahead that keeps my spot hidden from prying eyes. I dive through them and stop a couple meters from the bushes to wait for Cas. He bursts through soon after and looks around frantically for me until his eyes land on the very thing I wanted to show him.

An old, abandoned World War 2 bomber plane.

(This is the plane just not in this setting)

      I had been wandering the woods one day when I found it. I made sure it was stable and safe before exploring it, seeing as it's slightly suspenended above the ground. Bobby knows about it because he had come looking for me to let me know that my dad and brothers were back and stumbled upon me looking at it in awe. He promised to keep it a secret so that I had a place to go to when I want to be alone.

It's pretty difficult being a young female teenager in a house full of boys. Especially ones that don't have a very good concept of privacy and know how to pick locks.

For instance, I had come home from a really bad day of school and went straight to my room and locked the door. You'd think my brothers would get the hint that I want to be left alone and don't want to talk anybody. Nope. Just the opposite. Dean then picked the lock on my door with Sam and came in but I screamed at them and threw 2 knives at them. They ran away but didn't stay away. They got Bobby to go talk to me. After I had calmed down of course. They still made that very same mistake the next time though.

Anyway, after joining the Avengers and becoming really good friends with Steve and everyone, I brought him here. When he saw the plane not only was he in awe and speechless but tears sprung to his eyes. I walked with him everywhere he went in the plane and listened as he rambled about what certain rooms were and used for. I listened to him as he showed me different objects and what purposes they had. He was happy and grateful that I brought him and he looked like a kid at Christmas the entire time. Steve opened up to me a lot more from then on. I showed him something very private and meaningful so he returned the favor and told me everything I needed and wanted to know about him. That's how I learned so much about my real dad is from Steve. At the time I didn't know it was him but Steve would say how Bucky and I are so alike and how we would get along great. Steve would get really sad after saying that. I knew he missed his best friend, for many years he thought he was dead and to find out he wasn't and had a kid that you are best friends with no less must have been such a shock to him. I miss my dad. I hope to take him here some day, it might help him regain some memories and maybe feel happy about the ones he has.

I wonder how he is right now. If he remembers me or if I'm the one of the few he remembers between the wipings? I hate that I couldn't save him. I hate how HYDRA hurt him and my mother. I wish I knew what she was like. It would be nice to have met her at least one time.

I brought out of my thoughts by Cas speaking.

"When did you find this?"

"When I was only 15. I found it on accident. I was wandering around the woods when I came across it. Bobby knows about it because that same day he came to tell me that my dad and brothers were back and found us both. I brought Steve because I thought he might like the place. Give him a sense of familiarity. It's not easy being torn away from everything you know and have to come to terms with the fact that everyone you knew is either dead, dying of old age, or doesn't remember you. I thought he could use some after being thrown into the world with no idea how to live in it. He looked like a kid in a candy store while we explored the place together. Afterwards he told me everything about him. He even told me about my real dad. Of course at the time neither of us knew. But it was fun hearing him talk about his life before and the things he's been through. Steve's like another brother to me."