30-Insomnia

He curled his lips so that they could touch his front teeth forming a straight line.

"Why, we'll see about that," he smiled which was closely fake.

I didn't contradict regarding that bit because I was too lazy.

"Hmm...," I said while circling the brim of the glass with my finger.

I could see the gradual decline in his interest as I stayed quiet most of the time we were there.

Just according to the plan: Get him bored.

"Well LA didn't seem quite the same since you've left..."

He joined both his hands together onto the table.

It was like a personality switch at once.

My expression was the same.

"So?" my tone was cold and it made me regret my words instantly.

"I know I've done bad in the past and nothing can repay for the torture I've brought to you."

I frantically nodded looking at the table, absolutely noise cancelling his meaningless words.

Then the server comes in with our orders and placed it next to me and Lucas.

Lucas abruptly banged the table in fury as a tremor resonated across it, but he contained his anger for some other time. The server jolted in shock and moved away.

"Whoa, what was that for?," I was alarmed and annoyed at his immature behaviour.

He took a deep breath and started eating his beef piece with a knife and a fork.

I exhaled through my nose gruffly, rolling my eyes sideways.

After eating our meals, we had to pay the bills. He coughs and pulls out his wallet for cash.

He folded the bill with a tip for the 2 servents and then we exited the restaurant.

He didn't really know that giving tips in Korea wasn't a trend, it was disrespectful.

I just took 2 steps ahead with Lucas until there was a car honk right in front of us.

The bright lights blinded me so I couldn't see who got off the car.

"EUNHA?!" Lee Know exclaimed. He was worried sick as he got off the car.

Hyunjin and Minji too were beside them and came running towards me and Lucas.

"Okay go now...," Lucas grimly said as he walked away.

I looked at him in surprise.

"Where were you. I was so worried and who was that?," Lee Know asked considerately while softly grazing my arms, checking if I was hurt.

"I'm just too tired. Can we go home, please?," I said half heartedly while laggardly closing my lids.

"Umm...ok" he weakly nodded in approval.

"I promise I'll explain later," I held his hand assuring him.

He nodded and walked me to the car and silently drove me home.

I reached home at about 11:15 p.m. I couldn't even properly say goodbye to Lee Know but I didn't want to bother him right now.

Not by saying goodbye but by telling him that I bumped into my ex boyfriend and that he forced me for dinner.

As I creaked the door open, it was dark.

The lights turned on to reveal the glorious scene of my family right infront of me.