02

Thrown out again. Sitting on the sidewalk, not having a place to go back to once again. So helpless and fragile, a hybrid made stray again. You sat, knees tucked to the chest and your body placed between bushes to hide. From what though, are you hiding from? The eyes, the world, the people, the segregation, the hateful attacks. You wished to hide from simply everything.

You felt like someone was watching you. Lifting your head, you looked up to, what you thought was a man. Where the face should be, was entirely black. You at first thought it to be a mask, but it seemed almost attached. No eyes, nose mouth, nothing. Just an uncertain, unpleasant black 'face'. The lower part of the 'face' opened into a perfect, pure white oval.

"Are you lost?" The voice was distorted. Almost too painful to listen to. Like white noise drilling into your ears. "Have you lost your home?" You didn't answer, throat constricting like the air was warping around your neck and choking you. "Come with me." The white oval thinned into a wicked smile.

Next thing you knew, a collar was strapped around your neck and a door was slammed shut. Red eyes from the black mask the only thing remaining in the suddenly pitch black abyss.

XXX

You jerked awake. Body jolting from your position sleeping on your side. You sat up, mind whirling as you collected yourself. The room was warm, calm and quiet. The bed you were tucked into was the most comfortable cushion and topped with the warmest blankets you've been able to sleep with before. You let out a shaky exhale as you slowly slid out of the bed.

Legs shaky and the remnants of fear still at the forefront of your long tormented mind. Wearing only a long, blue nightshirt easily twice your size. You ambled to the door, exited the room and moved to a different door a few feet down and across the hall. You knocked light thrice.

"Yes?" A deep voice called from inside. You gently pushed the horizontal door handle down and slowly peeked your head into the room.

A man sat at his desk, laptop in front of him, his back to your half-in, half-out body in the doorway. He stopped his typing and turned to look at who had entered. The room was dark, save for the illumination of the one standing lamp at his desk side. His face softened as he saw you.

"Did you have another nightmare?" You nodded as he got up. You heard him pad over to you, but you were afraid you were still sleeping. What if you looked up and his face was nothing, but black? You felt him cup under your chin as he shut the door behind you, coaxing you fully inside. He gently tilted your head, raising your head. "Kitten?" His voice pushed the doubt out of your head as you visibly relaxed once more.

Taehyung's scrunched face filled your vision. You unconsciously touched your throat and smiled. Taehyung wouldn't put you in a collar. He couldn't stomach it, so he's promised you. Taehyung grabbed your hand from your throat and looked at the discolored, scarred skin from your previous collars in your past.

"Does your neck hurt again?" Occasionally you swore you could still feel the raw material of rough leather choke you. Taehyung took your silence as a confirmation.

He slowly leaned and tilted your chin up further, exposing your neck before lightly kissing at it. You flinched at his lips on your throat, but not out of fear. Taehyung slowly pulled away and stood back to his full, towering height. He smiled at you as he put his hand atop your head, filtering his slender fingers through your hair. Giving your fluffy ears atop your head affection as well. He almost chuckled at your minuscule purr. "Would you like to sleep beside me tonight?" You felt guilty, pulling him away from his work.

"I don't-" you were ready to refuse him, but he only tapped at your nose and put a finger over his smiling lips.

"I won't take no for an answer, Kitten." All you then did was a single nod. He plucked at your shirt. "Now, take this," he pulls the comfortable sweater he was wearing off and handed it to you, "and go change."