Chapter 14 Settling down... sort of

I strared at the diamond ring around my finger. This was something I never ever ever for never expected.

Why me? A normal, nobody from New York... Why would an Olympic god chose ME? He can have as many hot models as he wants, but he chose to be with one. And a really ugly one too, compared to the other beautiful women in this world.

I stared at the baby.

Brian Alexander. I wanted BRIAN and Ryan suggested ALEXANDER. They both meant "Warrior" and "Noble" and "Strong" so I guess that was a fitting name, for the son of an Olympian.

"Brian," I cooed at the  baby nestling in my arms. He snuggled into my sweater and grabbed my finger with his small little hands.

"Hellooo there, baby," Daniel and Tom smoothed over the baby's thin hair and ooohh-ed and ahh-ed.

"Wendy," Tom inquired, concerned. "Baby Brian looks like he's gonna-"

And then it happened. The baby barfed all over Tom's shoulder.

"Oh my gosh!" he jumped back  in surprise.

"MY WORD!" Daniel exclaimed.

I lookeed sternly at the baby.

"BRIAN! How rude! Throwing up on people is bad! Now you go apologize to Uncle Tom right now!!!"

Baby Brian gave a sweet innocent little smile.

"Oh it's quite alright," Tom sighed. "He's just a baby."

The door to my flat opened and Holly and Louis stepped in.

"Hey everyone!" they greeted us. Louis looked at Tom incredulously.

"Uhhh.... Tommy, you got a little something on your-"

"-I know."

Brian laughed loudly. Everyone AWWWWWWW-ed and started to form a single file line to kiss the baby's forehead.

"I love the fuzz," Louis said smiling.

"Fuzz?"

"The forehead fuzz! By age 10, he'll out grow it." Louis said as-a-matter-of-factly. 

I snorted and rolled my eyes. They were always joking. The baby's beautiful eyes looked deeply into mine.

"Hi baby," I whispered. "Hi Brian... I love you. Momma loves you. "

I carried him out onto the balcony and we stared off into the New York horizon. It was a pearly dawn.

"Look at that, Brian," I whispered. I waited a moment until the baby set its eyes on the beauty I saw.

""I'd like to just get one of those pink clouds and put you in it and push you around."

Brian cooed and laughed hysterically. I don't think he understood a word I said. But he still made the effort to pretend to.

I kissed his forehead.

"You're gonna be great one day. Just like your father... whoever he is."

And with that, Baby Brian looked at me like he had a definite answer and his eyes were so filled with premature knowledge and wisdom.

"Dadda."