Chapter Three- Team Up

Ethan soon found a wooden piece in the bathtub.

"I think that's for the shadow lock downstairs. I've been looking for that everywhere!" I said. He nodded.

"Yeah. I got the key to the main door from downstairs, and I came up here to look for another one." He said. I smiled.

"Oh, I know where that one is! Come on!" I said, and we went for the door. Just as Ethan was about to open it, Jack barrelled in, grabbing Ethan by the throat, and holding him off the ground.

"Heck of a thing, ain't it? Sure does beats the heck out of dying!" Jack said, I quickly pulled my gun out.

"Put him down, now!" I yelled, and fired at Jack's arms. He threw Ethan into the vanity across the tub, next to me.

"You see, my little girl has given me a gift! And this gift is with me always! As you can see, the family is only a part of her gift. Which, in a word, means...you're screwed!" He said. Ethan and I circled around the tub and went for the door to the hallway.

"Split up!" I said. He nodded and went left, and I headed for the outdoor porch. I saw Jack go for Ethan, so I went into the bar room, found the book that contained the key, opened it, got the key, then ran out. I found Ethan, grabbed his arm, and hauled us both down to the first floor as fast as I could. Once we were down there we stopped to breath, and he went to activate the shadow lock, while I placed the dog head key in the right slot. I heard the shadow lock open, and I walked over to him. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded.

"Ready." He said. We both shimmied through the wall space. "Who builds this crap?" He asked, and I laughed.

"You'd be surprised." I said, and we came out into, what I would describe as, a "Man-cave". We scavenged for things, and found med kits, and plenty of ammunition, including some for a shotgun that neither of us had yet. I kept it with me just in case. We then went out into a connecting room, and then went into the next one, that was filled with a black substance of some sort. "Ugh, this stuff looks disgusting!" I said.

"Yeah, it does." Ethan agreed. We walked a little further into the room, and that's when a monster of some sort came out of it! He and I were quick to take it out, and it melted into the floor!

"Ewww..." I said, but we continued on. We headed down stairs, fighting more of those monsters there, eventually getting to what was called the "Dissection Room" on the map. We were just about to grab the key, when Jack grabbed it first! He was growling.

"I was gonna be her father...but now she says he will be her father! No, nonononono! I will find him...and I will make him suffer!" He looked at the wall. "And you, my friend...are going to help me."