Issues

Greg screamed at the sight of the Hellhound and his instant reaction to run took over beating down all hopes of him being able to stand up to these creatures. He flew over the couch knocking it backwards and he ran to for the door. He threw the door open and fell backwards at the sight of three more Hellhounds leering at him. Frantically trying to put space between himself and the creatures Greg literally dove behind a smaller desk before hiding beneath it.

On the other side of the desk he heard throaty laughter, high pitched cackles, and rumbling growls that got louder and louder until it sounded like it was right in his ear. Greg felt his body curl into the fetal position and was about to cover his ears when the laughing and growling suddenly stopped. Then near the base of his leg he saw them, huge black paws with horribly sharp looking claws. Without meaning to Greg shut his eyes, covered his ears and began to rock silently praying that they'd just go away.

That's when he felt it. A liquid dripping down his neck that burned at the touch and only got worse as it went down. Greg clamped his eyes shut as tight as he could and tried to ignore it but the feeling of hot air blowing against his face made him freeze. He wanted so desperately to look up at the source, but there was another part of him begging him not to open his eyes. But the urge to look was just so strong and despite the half that was begging not to look, he gave in.

Greg opened his eyes and was face-to-face with a snarling black beast that looked straight back at him, and within it's white eyes Greg was sure he saw a flame. A flame so wicked that Greg felt his entire body begin to get hotter to the point where he swears he felt something deep inside of him beginning to burn. He wanted so badly to look away but he felt like the only thing keeping him alive was the fact that he wasn't breaking eye contact. He felt his eyes begin to burn as he stared at the hound and he couldn't help it, he blinked.

The teeth sank into his neck in an instant and the pain was just like before. The same terrible pinch of his flesh being cut by it's teeth, the same intense wave of heat flying throughout his arm as if he were really on fire. Burning him bad enough to cause extreme pain but just not enough to kill him which Greg yerned for so desperately right now. The icy chill of death would be a welcomed feeling as opposed to this burning flame of life. And then just like that it was over, no pain no heat or chill, simply nothing, almost is if he'd just fallen into a deep black pit where nothing existed.

Then as quickly as it'd been taken it all came rushing back to him. He felt hot again but he felt cold at the same time. What the hell's going on?!

"That's enough," A deep and rumbly voice said in a commanding tone, but it sounded just so far away that Greg could just barely make out.

There was a loud snarl followed by loud yelping, but it sounded clear and very close, He felt his eyes move down where he saw a black mass before him. He narrowed his eyes trying to focus in on whatever it was. When they actually came into focus Greg saw a dark cloud almost explode revealing three massive Hellhounds. Greg felt his heart skip a beat as he shot backwards banging his head on the table with a solid thud. All three of the dogs' heads looked up at him and within moments Greg saw the glistening of their fangs. He moved untill he was solidly pressed against the wall, all the while their heads moved with him following his every move.

Finally finding his voice again Greg managed to spurt out, "What do you want?"

No reply they simply kept starring at him with moving a single muscle, they were almost like statues. "You're the one who called us," The biggest one said in a scratchy voice that honestly sounded as if a flame were speaking. "You're Singed and you willingly asked for death."

"Wha- I didn't mean-" Greg stammered and gulped. "I didn't mean I want to die..."

"Yes you trying to hide told me that." The Hellhound said moving it's head from side to side. Greg watched in awe as the two other Hellhounds vanished in what could only be described as a black mist. "I apologise if I freighted you. But we heard your call and we came to answer it."