favorite wheeler

"So what should we do?" El asked, fiddling with her seatbelt. Nancy looked over at her and smiled. 

"We are going to get some new clothes," Nancy said, getting out of the car. El followed her, accidentally slamming the door behind her. Mike was heading to summer camp for a few days and Nancy had volunteered to keep El company. She had always wanted a little sister close to her age. 

"Ok," El said, following Nancy into the brand new star court mall. El had been in this mall once before with Mike, but she only bought one thing. Hopper had given Nancy a good amount of money so he wouldn't have to buy the clothes for her. 

"Let's head in here first," Nancy said, grabbing El's hand and leading her into the store. 

"What are your favorite colors? And what kind of clothes do you like?" Nancy asked, holding up a shirt and making a funny face. El giggled.

"Blue. I really like blue," El said, looking at a pair of striped pants. 

"Are these cute?" El asked, holding them up. Nancy nodded and continued looking.

"Look for something that matches it," Nancy said while rifling through a rack of fitted shirts. She shook her head and moved down the rack further. 

"Like this?" El asked, holding up a light blue t-shirt.

"Exactly like that. You have great taste girl!" Nancy said, flashing her award-winning smile. El smiled back and followed her to the next part of the store. 

After scanning through every rack and shelf thoroughly, El had a large pile of clothes she needed to try on. They got a changing room and Nancy sat on the tiny bench outside of it.

"Come out and show me everything!" Nancy exclaimed. El nodded and shut the curtain. Nancy leaned back against the wall scanning the store. There was nothing too exciting here, but this meant the world to El and she was glad she could help her out. After all, she was scared of what Hopper would have picked out for her. The curtain swung open and Nancy looked over. 

"How does it look?" El asked, raising her arms. Nancy smiled. El was wearing a striped dress and she looked so darn cute. 

"I love it!" Nancy said, leaning forward in her seat. 

"I do too," El said, giving a twirl.

"Oh yes, girl!" Nancy said, pointing a finger at her. El giggled and shut the curtain. El undressed and hung the dress back on its hanger, smoothing it out.  She put on her striped pants next and put on her matching blue shirt. She stepped out.

"Oh, very nice!" Nancy said. El hit a pose.

"Casual but sophisticated, I like it!" Nancy said, giving a thumbs up. El gave one back and headed back into the changing room, even though she still wasn't a hundred percent sure what sophisticated meant. El looked in the mirror. She liked what she saw. She saw a normal girl, with normal hair and normal clothes. She could be normal and go shopping now. She couldn't believe how far she had come. 

After trying on the whole pile, and with the help of Nancy, narrowing it down, they paid and were ready to head to the next store. 

"What about Claires?" Nancy asked, pointing to a store full of accessories. El nodded and they headed that way. 

"Wow, I do not like these," El said, holding a bow in her hand. Nancy laughed and shook her head.

"No, silly. Come look at the headbands or the earrings." 

"I don't have earrings." 

"We can get clip-on or stick on," Nancy said, holding up a pair of clip on to El's ear.