⟶ foreword.

AT THE EDGE OF THE RIVER

╔══════════════╗DESCRIPTION╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
DESCRIPTION
╚══════════════╝

In the small town of Moorwood, Pennsylvania, everyone knows everyone. Rumors and news spread like wildfire, and when a secret of a high school girl by the name of Keira Walters is leaked, the following days gradually get worse for her as they progresses. Keira constantly finds herself under a spotlight no matter where she goes, and she's the one the town is buzzing about this time around.

At the end of a week, the drama stops - forever. On the night of December 5th, 2016, a gunshot rang out in the cold air, and a week later, Keira was proclaimed dead after turning up missing. Because of everything she went through in the week leading up to her death, the police first deem it as a suicide, but as the story unravels, that may not be the case.

In a confusing network of people and stories that become looped in with Keira's death, only one thing remains true; Keira's death could very well have been a homicide.

╔══════════════╗
PLAYLIST
╚══════════════╝

TRAIN WRECK | James Arthur

unbreak the broken
unsay these spoken words
find hope in the hopeless...
unburn the ashes
unchain the reactions
I'm not ready to die, not yet
pull me out of the train wreck

╔══════════════╗
FOREWORD
╚══════════════╝

This book is not mature, but I will warn you, it deals with some sensitive/triggering topics, such as descriptions of bullying, a murder scene, mental illness, suicide, and homophobic notions and actions. Please be mindful of these before reading, and I'm just going to say that if you're looking for a lighthearted, happy story, this isn't the book for you. This is more of a heavy story, it's deep and emotional, if I must say.

Just for reference, all flashback chapters/segments are written in italics.

Also, as a kind reminder, I would love it if everyone respected that this is my work and didn't copy, distribute, or sell it without my consent and permission beforehand. Thanks!

I'd like to thank the following people for supporting me through the process of this:

RavenclawDraco

SlytherinSerpent1124

This is the first original novel that I've finished and I couldn't have done it without you. Plus, if Tigris hadn't inspired me with her story, Valley Hill, I wouldn't be here today!

Thanks so much guys!

-

(Bottom left hand cover is by Tigris)

STARTED: November 10, 2018

FINISHED: January 6, 2019

EDITED: N/A

PUBLISHED: N/A

WORD COUNT: 24,038 words

Enjoy!